Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

beef jerky good for a lifter's diet?

1_more_rep

hey everyone i recently got back from the gym and found some beef jerky in the house :)

before really thinking of the stuff in it i ate it pretty fast... :verygood: so i was wondering from looking at the labels if it was ok to eat..because the bag says 97% fat free...anyways here are the nutrtition facts: well it says 3 servings per bag and i just ate the bag (pretty small) so ill just multiply everything by 3...

calories: 240 cal from fat: 15
total fat: 1.5 g
saturated fat: 0 g
cholesterol: 20 mg
sodium: 590 mg
total carbs: 9 g (pretty low i thought :))
dietary fibers: 0 g
sugars: 9 g
protein: 45 g (woohoo alot)
vitamins A and C: 0%
calcium: 0%
iron: 4% (thats good right?)

and at the bottom it says calories per gram:
fat:9 - carbohydrate:4 - protein: 4

it's called jack link's beef jerky (original) incase you need to check something i may have left out..

so how is beef jerky for a diet? low carbs and high protein...SOUNDS really good but before i go n throw away all my money buyin the expensive stuff is it really healthy?? or does it just seem like it is?

1_more_rep said:
hey everyone i recently got back from the gym and found some beef jerky in the house :)

before really thinking of the stuff in it i ate it pretty fast... :verygood: so i was wondering from looking at the labels if it was ok to eat..because the bag says 97% fat free...anyways here are the nutrtition facts: well it says 3 servings per bag and i just ate the bag (pretty small) so ill just multiply everything by 3...

calories: 240 cal from fat: 15
total fat: 1.5 g
saturated fat: 0 g
cholesterol: 20 mg
sodium: 590 mg
total carbs: 9 g (pretty low i thought :))
dietary fibers: 0 g
sugars: 9 g
protein: 45 g (woohoo alot)
vitamins A and C: 0%
calcium: 0%
iron: 4% (thats good right?)

and at the bottom it says calories per gram:
fat:9 - carbohydrate:4 - protein: 4

it's called jack link's beef jerky (original) incase you need to check something i may have left out..

so how is beef jerky for a diet? low carbs and high protein...SOUNDS really good but before i go n throw away all my money buyin the expensive stuff is it really healthy?? or does it just seem like it is?
Its good if you make it yourself with a dehydrator with out all the sodium and chemicals they put in it.

gymratforlife said:
Its good if you make it yourself with a dehydrator with out all the sodium and chemicals they put in it.
bro this kid at my school use to make hot or mild jerky with his dehydrator...he was a fag and all...but omg...his jerky was THE SHIT

newbiebynature said:
bro this kid at my school use to make hot or mild jerky with his dehydrator...he was a fag and all...but omg...his jerky was THE SHIT
Yeah people in West Virginia and Virginia make that shit out of deer meat and its the best tasting meat Ive ever eaten and like pure protein.

gymratforlife said:
Yeah people in West Virginia and Virginia make that shit out of deer meat and its the best tasting meat Ive ever eaten and like pure protein.
do they have any website i can order from?

I try to keep some on hand for the times I'm away from the house for an extended period of time. Beef jerkey and almonds for a good snack till I get back home. It beats the rueban sandwich, fries, and 2 pints of Guiness I "had" to get yesterday while running errands.

mrhoon said:
I try to keep some on hand for the times I'm away from the house for an extended period of time. Beef jerkey and almonds for a good snack till I get back home. It beats the rueban sandwich, fries, and 2 pints of Guiness I "had" to get yesterday while running errands.

lol mrhoon...we all have our days to indulge :verygood: at least i know i do when i shouldn't :( ...

anyways the dehydrator sounds good...are there any cheap but good ones out there? or is this something easy i can just look up on google or something? kinda low on cash...all my money is payin for my gym membership and school...the 2 most important things to me (other than the ladies :daisy: ) lol... :verygood:

Top Bottom