Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beef Has "Better" Protein Than Chicken? O.o

Roofus

Good Broly
Platinum
Over the last couple months my roommate has been getting more and more interested in getting in better shape. So he asked me to help him out.
The first thing I did was have him go to calorieking.com and also do his CKD worksheet.

After he got some details I helped him build a diet of five meals; one meal outmeal, then four meals chicken and brocolli. After 15 days we broadened his diet as long as it stayed low carb and met his CKD goals.

This week he decided to get back into the gym. But he has a bad shoulder, so he went to a local gym where one of his friends knows the head trainer and spoke to him about shoulder reginerating excersizes, diet, etc.

Upon coming home, he told me that he told the trainer about my personal diet, and the trainer told him that I should eat more beef than chicken, because "beef has better proteins." I told my roommate that I thought he possibly meant "more protein" (though upon looking it up I don't know that to be true either because calorieking.com says that a 4oz serving of ground beef has roughly 23g protein and 4oz of chicken breast contains 35g protein.)

After discussing this with my roommate, he asked me to post on here with this story and get some comments from you guys because he wants to know if he can trust what this guy is telling him.

I know my biology is a little weak, but I would think a protein is a protein is a protein. The body shouldn't know the difference between a chicken protein and a beef protein, they should both just be protein. One meat of the same oz may have more or less protein, but that protein should be interpreted the same way inside the body. I have never heard of one meat or the other having "better" or "better quality" protein.

Can I get some comments on this? I'd just like to hear the real deal on this and maybe have some questions my roommate can ask this guy to know if he is legit and just got misinterpreted, or is full of crap, before he goes and pays money to get trained by the dude.

Thanks guys!

roofus,

in general, a protein is a protein. BUT some proteins, such as proteins that come from plants are incomplete (meaning they are missing certain amino acids, in wich your body will need to replace to use as a protein)

Beef and chicken have relatively the same types of proteins so this is not the case, it usually has to do with plant proteins, etc.

such as, beans and rice, even tho the rice is not high in protein, it helps fill in the chain of amino acids, that the beans are missing. So when you do this you get a "complete protein".

I know it might sound confusing, but some proteins are better then others, BUT BEEf and Chicken, the only benefit from beef is the saturated fat for males. and too much is negative

red meat = cholestoral = positive for our Testosterone pumping bodies.
^^ That may be what he was meaning to spit out instead of better protein?

Quality post MM... but one thing...

Too much of anything is bad :p :)

sgtslaughter said:
red meat = cholestoral = positive for our Testosterone pumping bodies.
^^ That may be what he was meaning to spit out instead of better protein?

Quality post MM... but one thing...

Too much of anything is bad :p :)

Yeap, everything in moderation. I hardley eat beef/red meat. BUT i try to have it atleast 1x week. 2x if im lucky

well besides the sat fat.. i would have to argue that indeed beef indeed is better than chicken. Eggs have the best amino acid profile but beef does have a slight advantage over chicken. Not to forget the creatine(altough small amount) and decent amount of vitamins beef comes on top. But by no means am i saying 80% beef rocks chicken. Stick with 95% or better and pls pls pls go organic grass fed...tastse so so so much better and less sat fat! But 95/5 organic cost $5 a pound....

mm107 said:
Beef and chicken have relatively the same types of proteins so this is not the case, it usually has to do with plant proteins, etc.

BUT BEEf and Chicken, the only benefit from beef is the saturated fat for males. and too much is negative

Ok, alot of other good info. But this is mainly all I was getting at. When only looking at protein, a beef and chicken protein is the same. Red meat gives males an added benefit of sat. fat.

Am I stating this correctly?

So if this guy is telling my roommate that a beef protein is better than a chicken protein...

What are some good questions to ask him to know whether he is knowledgable enough for my roommate to be spending his money to have the guy train him?
Thanks again!
Karma all around.

it's all about amino acid profile, and the best sources of balanced protein (the best) are turkey and cottage cheese

Roofus said:
Ok, alot of other good info. But this is mainly all I was getting at. When only looking at protein, a beef and chicken protein is the same. Red meat gives males an added benefit of sat. fat.

Am I stating this correctly?

So if this guy is telling my roommate that a beef protein is better than a chicken protein...

What are some good questions to ask him to know whether he is knowledgable enough for my roommate to be spending his money to have the guy train him?
Thanks again!
Karma all around.

Ask him these simple questions...

What are the 3 best excercises to perform for strenght
A: Bench/Squat/Deadlift

Do you sqaut? If Yes ask him how low he goes, if he says only parrelel because any further is bad, IS UNTRUE. Pararel is HARDER because it bsaically stops the momemntum on your knee joints/tendons etc. Going ass to grass is easier on the knees because it transfers weight onto he hips, wich can hold way more weight then the knees. IF he says he doesnt sqaut because he doesnt need to, then you know the answer.

Ask him, since beef is the best protein, ask him what your macro ratios should be, A normal answer, would be 40/30/30 | 30/40/30 But if he says something totaly not around that, then hes a moron.

Last edited:
Well, beef does have some nutritional advantages, and I am quite sure that is what he was speaking of. Beef contains all five B-complex vitamins - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, B6 and B12. It is also a good source of iron, which many women lack, and men usually avoid in their supplements. An excellent source of zinc also.

Top Bottom