Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

beans vs chickpeas

the problem is they actually don't give you energy.. now let me explain before 20 guys flame me for saying that

things that are hard to digest actually reduce energy because the body needs to work more to digest them. our bodies expels 50% of our energy a day trying to digest food.

beans, nuts, seeds are all very hard to digest unfortunately. i would swap into papaya and watermelon instead. if you don't have access to tropical fruits look into peaches and apples for energy

What @stevesmi said is partially true.

Here's the thing...beans contain something called pyruvic acid. It's an anti-nutrient. It prevents the nutrients from the beans from being released before it's sprouted. That's what causes the digestive issues.

However - if you soak the beans for 12 hours before cooking, you sprout them and remove the pyruvic acid.

Soaked beans are a super healthy food.

I keep things simple. If you are bulking then who cares. Just pick one and eat it. As long as you are in a caloric surplus, that is what matters. The nutrition is going to be close so don't even worry. It is not like you are comparing fruit to meat or something like that.

Top Bottom