Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BCAA how Important?

Colbycheez

Just curious, how important are BCAAs? Whether you are cutting or bulking, do they really make a difference? I know that whey protein is slam full of them so I was wondering whether or not taking additional aminos before, during, and right after training and maybe even during the day would help with muscle retention. Yall give me some input plz

Free form BCAAs are different than BCAAs found in whey protein. those are bonded together in a protein chain and need time to digest and break down. free form BCAAs are very important IMO. especially on a cutting diet. they are very anabolic and preserve muscle. they also induce a GH effect when taken on an empty stomach without any other aminos. they are also great to add to a bulking diet. they are the building blocks of muscle.

Thanks for the input bro. What do you recommend for free form BCAA supps? I was using monster amino which has waxy maize in it as well. Tastes great and supposedly refuels your muscles in under 15 min if taken alone on and empty stomach. Also, what about the dosage for a normal day and a lifting day. I have read lifters take as much as 30g of them. Thats seems high to me so just any input be great. Thanks

i use these, theyre cheap and pill form so they dont taste nasty. buy it from orbit to support him if he has it but if not BB.com is good. Bodybuilding.com - AST BCAA 4500 - Branched Chain Amino Acids! On sale now!

take them first thing in the morning, 10-15 g of them. this will be very anabolic. also take them before lifting and immediately postworkout. some people say its great to take them during but i have no experimented with this yet. also is a good idea to take them in the middle of the night if you wake up to go to the bathroom.

One more question. As soon as I wake up I drink a whey protein shake with water about 20 minutes before my breakfast. If I were to start taking BCAA's as soon as I wake up, should I drink the shake as well? Do the BCAAs work better on an empty stomach?

One more question. As soon as I wake up I drink a whey protein shake with water about 20 minutes before my breakfast. If I were to start taking BCAA's as soon as I wake up, should I drink the shake as well? Do the BCAAs work better on an empty stomach?

Do you do cardio in the morning? i take BCAAs before and after morning cardio. if not maybe take 10-15 g BCAA as soon as you roll out of bed then maybe 25-30 mins later have a protein shake. heres a thread about BCAAs with good info. iron addict says: "You DON'T want to mix your BCAA's or glutamine with anything as it reduces or stops the signaling effects they provide." http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/bodybuilding-supplements/bcaa-eea-glutamine-use-682977.html

Sweet man, thanks. No I dont do morning cardio but I have just been downing a shake upon waking up for my anabolic burst in the morning.

Top Bottom