Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Battle of carbs - vote for best carb source

For clean bulking, which is the best source of carbs

• Oatmeal (unprocessed)

Votes: 52 40.6%
  • Oatbran (unprocessed)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Barley (unprocessed)

• Wheat (unprocessed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whole grain Bread

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Brown Rice

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Basatimi Rice

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Pasta (whole grain)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • White Potatoe

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Sweet Potatoe/Yam

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • Sweet Corn (on cob)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Beans (e.g., kidney, navy) other than soy

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other please specify

• Skim Milk

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
poysyn said:
I voted for oats mainly due to the fact I hate sweet potatoes with a passion. Just curious - what do you guys put on your sweet potatoe? I've used low carb bbq sauce and assorted mrs dash's in the past, but it still doesn't seem to get good tasting enough to take over oats for me

Dude only way i can eat em is with butter and brown sugar

Pete200 said:
Vote for what do you think is the best carb source (must be predominantly carbs), that can be used for (clean) bulking and cutting.

I have suggested 10 options (i have excluded low calorie carbs such as brocolli, because they will not assist builking apart in terms of supplying carbs. All options are the unprocessed variety

(1) Oatmeal

(2) Oatbran

(3) Barley

(4) Wheat

(5) Sweet potatoe/yams

(6) Corn on the cob

(7) Beans (e.g., Kidney, Lima) excluding Soy Beans

(8) Brown Rice

(9) Basatimi rice

(10) white potatoes

(11) Skim milk

(12) Other (please spcify)
Oatmeal BRO---------

Why no love for oat bran?

Same taste, much more fibre, protein, vitamins/minerals, and lower net carbs less cals per 100 grams. Great for filling you up whilst cutting.

It's a tie between oatmeal and sweet potatoes. Both are voted by ronnie coleman and jay cutler as among the best carb loading sources readily and easily available.

I love the taste of sweet potatoes - use to hate them but now theyre my guilty pleasure.

I HATE sweet potatoes. I force myself to eat them becuase they should be in every bodybuilder's diet.

I voted for oats mainly due to the fact I hate sweet potatoes with a passion. Just curious - what do you guys put on your sweet potatoe? I've used low carb bbq sauce and assorted mrs dash's in the past, but it still doesn't seem to get good tasting enough to take over oats for me

I cut the sweet potato into "coins", a little bit of extra virgin olive oil & and some garlic salt, in the oven on 200dc for 20 mins! Awesome...

Top Bottom