Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Battle of carbs - vote for best carb source

For clean bulking, which is the best source of carbs

• Oatmeal (unprocessed)

Votes: 52 40.6%
  • Oatbran (unprocessed)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Barley (unprocessed)

• Wheat (unprocessed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whole grain Bread

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Brown Rice

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Basatimi Rice

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Pasta (whole grain)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • White Potatoe

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Sweet Potatoe/Yam

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • Sweet Corn (on cob)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Beans (e.g., kidney, navy) other than soy

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other please specify

• Skim Milk

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
I like oatmeal. Everyone is concerned about their blood pressure and cholesterol when running a cycle, and oatmeal is loaded with fiber and that helps lower each. I like mine with a little cinnimon and on occasion a little splenda.

I love sweet potatoes as well. I use a little cinnimon on those and sometimes some heart smart butter. Very tastey. I also like to cut them in the shape of french fries and bake them in an oven. Then you just eat them plain and they are mighty tastey.

Beans are a grood source of protein and fiber as well. But with all the protein I am already eating, my ass is already like the 4th of July, so i try to stear away from beans so i don't hurt anyone with my fumes.

I love cooking brown rice in a low sodium or homemade chicken stock. Absolutely tastes 1000% better than cooking it in water.

Fuck, I like all them carbs you listed above!!!!

Hello, i've had to decrease my rice portions considerably, in fact, today i ate 2/3 cup of boiled rice and i already feel bloated. Because i only eat 1/2 cup of boiled rice which is ok for me, but anymore than that makes me feel too bloated

wake_up

Pete200 said:
Vote for what do you think is the best carb source (must be predominantly carbs), that can be used for (clean) bulking and cutting.

I have suggested 10 options (i have excluded low calorie carbs such as brocolli, because they will not assist builking apart in terms of supplying carbs. All options are the unprocessed variety

(1) Oatmeal

(2) Oatbran

(3) Barley

(4) Wheat

(5) Sweet potatoe/yams

(6) Corn on the cob

(7) Beans (e.g., Kidney, Lima) excluding Soy Beans

(8) Brown Rice

(9) Basatimi rice

(10) white potatoes

(11) Skim milk

(12) Other (please spcify)

poysyn said:
I voted for oats mainly due to the fact I hate sweet potatoes with a passion. Just curious - what do you guys put on your sweet potatoe? I've used low carb bbq sauce and assorted mrs dash's in the past, but it still doesn't seem to get good tasting enough to take over oats for me

ummm. . .butter. . .and a little salt. . .no wonder you hate sweet potatoes. . .bbq sauce?? wtf??!! :sick:

Oatmeal. Good for breakfast, all the carbs get burned off, and it digests slower so that you don't get hungry as quickly afterwards.

Nathan said:
I voted 100% steel cut rolled oats. Put a little cinnamon in there...mmmm...haven't had that in a while. Think I'll have it tomorrow.

Same here!

100% steel cut rolled oats = Rocket Fule!

Top Bottom