Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Balancing a shredded life and a social life.

powerup79

Good Broly
Platinum
So I always struggle with trying to maintain a social life while also trying to live sub 10%bf. I am one of those people that probably has a binge eating disorder. But the way I work around it is I track everything I eat using a Fitbit. Unfortunately even those days I have on holidays or such I'll sit there and track those 6000 calories. For me it's always like I'm completely regimented or completely off the wagon.

Has anyone else delt with this and found a balance? I always go thru mental struggles when I'm invited out to dinner or whatever because I don't have control essentially. Since everything is an "eating event" which is why we are such a fat country, it's hard to sit there starring at bread, and appetizers, and dessert, etc...

Every fall/winter I usually have certain body parts or certain fitness goals etc. I walk around probably 9%BF at 42 years old which out of all 42 year old men has to put me in top tier shape. My goal this winter is I wanna maintain that but at the same time I want to find balance and stress less about eating at social events/ holidays.

Has anyone else delt with this. I'm sure it's essentially a eating disorder of some sort and I'm sure others have felt with this. Curious what you have done?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

i'm sorry man but there is no healthy restaurant or fast food. but i will suggest something bodybuilders do that i have had lunch with who were prepping. bring your own healthy salad dressing and chicken. then at the restaurant order bottled water and a plain salad that they will charge you $8 for lol. then mix in the chicken and dressing

another option if you insist on eating restaurant crap then eat in a time restricted window that day to minimize impact and dont finish the meal. pack half of it up and hand it to a homeless person in town. win/win for everyone

So I always struggle with trying to maintain a social life while also trying to live sub 10%bf. I am one of those people that probably has a binge eating disorder. But the way I work around it is I track everything I eat using a Fitbit. Unfortunately even those days I have on holidays or such I'll sit there and track those 6000 calories. For me it's always like I'm completely regimented or completely off the wagon.

Has anyone else delt with this and found a balance? I always go thru mental struggles when I'm invited out to dinner or whatever because I don't have control essentially. Since everything is an "eating event" which is why we are such a fat country, it's hard to sit there starring at bread, and appetizers, and dessert, etc...

Every fall/winter I usually have certain body parts or certain fitness goals etc. I walk around probably 9%BF at 42 years old which out of all 42 year old men has to put me in top tier shape. My goal this winter is I wanna maintain that but at the same time I want to find balance and stress less about eating at social events/ holidays.

Has anyone else delt with this. I'm sure it's essentially a eating disorder of some sort and I'm sure others have felt with this. Curious what you have done?

Yea I have this issue too, eating too much at dinner, controlling myself, heck probably everyone has
thats why such high obesity rates lol right

i do fasting hommie, 16 hours fast 8 hours eating window daily, i stick to my fasting
and i do a 5 day water fast every 2 months
keeps me lean and healthy

now food control, thats all mental, drink fiber before you go out, like 2 tbps of psyllium husk fiber and water 30min before you go to dinner, you'll see you just cant binge

Yea I have this issue too, eating too much at dinner, controlling myself, heck probably everyone has
thats why such high obesity rates lol right

i do fasting hommie, 16 hours fast 8 hours eating window daily, i stick to my fasting
and i do a 5 day water fast every 2 months
keeps me lean and healthy

now food control, thats all mental, drink fiber before you go out, like 2 tbps of psyllium husk fiber and water 30min before you go to dinner, you'll see you just cant binge
How hard is a 5 day fast? Don't you get faint? Do you still lift on those days?

Gonna try that with the fiber. What brand you use metamucil?

How hard is a 5 day fast? Don't you get faint? Do you still lift on those days?

Gonna try that with the fiber. What brand you use metamucil?

the first time i did a 5 day fast i loved it so much i kept going to 10 days. https://www.evolutionary.org/10-day-water-fast/ check that out.

the next year i logged a 19 day fast you can find also on the same forum

my advice is take it 1 day at a time. the first 2 days is hard. once you get past day 3 your appetite goes away. you need to be flexible and if you get bad sides you break the fast. being uncomfortable or feeling 'hangry' isn't an emergency. having super dark urine, bad headaches, super high blood pressure, or diarhea you need to break the fast that means you are de-hyrdated

Top Bottom