Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Baked Potato

Shades McCool

How bad is a baked potato for you when it comes to carbs? I thought complex carbs like baked potatoes arent as bad for you as sugars are. I am cutting (low carb) right now and I thought I might have a baked potato for a few carbs.

Thanks for the help!

baked potatoes are quite high GI

not the best food when cutting
though 1 potatoe once in a while won't kill you...

If you like potatoes try baking a sweet potato bc they are lower GI but I dont think a normal baked potato would really affect your cutting as long as you maintain a caloric deficit.

BUMP..

Saw some guys sample Animalbolics diet where after he works out he drinks the usual whey/dextrose, but for the next meal 2 hours later he eats a baked potato with his chicken and some mixed vegetable for the high carbs...

concerning the potato...
i do not completely understand the science but does this make sense for the 6hour window you have after you workout?

"low/no insulin meals, then hi glycemic + protein right after and 2hrs after workout"

the beginning of the day is like keto diet until after workout... and no high GI on non-workout days of course..

just curious..

OXANDRIN said:
sweet potato's have more fiber.....eat the skin it where its all at

more fiber
more vitamins
and a lower GI

Top Bottom