Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bader85's EliteFitness Contest 12wk log sponsored by NTBM/MrSupps

bader85

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to start my log, however I'm currently on the road for a job interview up near Spokane WA, so not a lot of time, but wanted to get my thread up at least.

Give me til monday to get adding onto this and I'll edit the post with background, goals, etc.

have a good weekend.

Update: (btw, I'm either retarded or I can't figure out how to edit my first post, if a mod wants to edit it and put this info for the first post that'd be great)

Back from my trip and back on schedule. Rough weekend wanting to stick to a clean diet, did the best I can but did go up in water weight a pound or two, which has already been dropping off again fast.

Here's the basics of my layout, and I'll fill in stats/measurements later.

Main objective, cut, shred, transform, definition.
Starting stats:
6'4" 242lbs starting roughly 18% bf
Turning 26 in march.

Nutrition Plan: 2500 calories.
45% protein, 35% fat, 20% carbs. (300g, 90g, 120g)
5-6 meals a day.
Main food intake consists of:
Protein: Chicken breast, Tuna, Tilapia/Cod/Halibut, Lean Turkey, Eggs, protein shakes
Fats: Almonds raw or almond milk organic, all natural peanut butter, whole eggs, olive oil
Carbs: Grapefruit, sweet potato, blueberries (banana and apples occasionally substituted sparingly)
Veggies: BROCCOLI (love it), Green Beans, Spinach/Romaine salad, Asparagus, onions

Carbs are heaviest (30g) for first meal of the day (post-workout) and last meal of the day.
Depending on results within first few weeks to month I'll make changes to macros accordingly

I've been doing 5x5 strength training and have been loving it since the beginning of the year.
However I am changing it to a more split training to isolate muscles for definition and figure, I'm going to try out Game Over's training plan, but any recommendations are appreciated.
Day 1: Chest & Abs
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Arms and Calves
Day 6: Legs and Abs
Day 7: Rest

All workouts will have either pre or post (most likely post) 20-30 minutes of lower intensity cardio.
On off days I might mix in some HIIT or yoga/stretching.

Supplementation:
N2KTS Pre-workout, lovin that stuff, grape kool-aid!
ZMA at night, CLA/Fish oils, creatine, forged steel, multi.
Only 'unnatural' thing I'm doing right now is Dermacrine 4 pumps/day.

My long-term goals for this contest and my life:
10% BF (in 12 wks? we'll see what I can push to the max)
Achieve an ASS. I have no ass, my lower back goes into my hams and I have a crack in between. I'll see what I can do to maximize my glutes.
Great definition, sculpted look, more vascularity.
I'd like to see a 34" waist, I doubt I'd fit in 34" jeans, because my thighs are enormous, but a 34" waist, wearing 36 jeans (currently wear 38 jeans to accommodate thighs)
I want abs, definition of abs, my genetics literally SUCK a big one in this department. Currently you can see a little outline of my upper abs, I'm wanting to see definition of entire stomach area.

Thanks for reading and any support given. I'm absolutely open to constructive criticism. I'm not an expert but I've been around the weights since I was a teenager. The past two years has been really hard dealing with stress, money issues, you name it and I gained an extra 20+ pounds. Company I worked for went under beginning of the year, so I decided to renew myself starting with my body.

Last edited:
Posting yesterday's workout

1/18/11 Chest
Weight 239

Flat BB Bench Press
WU 95 x 15 WU
135 x 15, 165 x 6 dropset 155 x 6

Incline DB Press
WU 25 x 15
40 x 15, 45 x 12

Flat DB Flies
20 x 15, 30 x 12

High pulley cable crossovers
30 x 15, 35 x 12

Low intensity cardio on elliptical for 20 mins.

Workout 1/19/11 Back
Weight 238

Pullups
15 with assisted 120lbs
12 with assisted 110lbs
8 with assisted 130lbs

Bent over rows
WU 95 x 10
115 x 15, 135 x 12

Seated rows
70 x 15, 80 x 12

Straight arm pulldown
20 x 15, 30 x 12, 8 x 40

24 mins elliptical low intensity.

Like I said, just getting into this workout routine. First week is 15 and 12 reps with progressive weights.
My chest isn't too bad today from yesterdays, but my soreness usually hits after two days.
Definitely felt burnout even though the volume isn't insane. We'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom