Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bad Food vs. No Food At All

Im sure a lot of you have been in this situation before...if a certain circumstance arises where you can either obstain from eating, or eat mediocre junkish food that wouldnt be part of a great diet, which is better--assuming you are on a bulking diet? Because i find myself in this situation often, and i'd like to know what you fellas do.

Depends on what it is. I'll go for a double burger b/c of the high amounts of protein, but i wont go for a pizza, fries, donuts or stuff like that. Even at bulking you want to stay away from some of that stuff at least IMO. I'll eat it if it's high in protein, moderate carb. Like chicken nuggets (not from McDonald's b/c they don't use all chicken meat), burgers, steak burritos, etc. I know some of it has "too much fat" for some people, but every now and then it's ok in my book.

On a bulking diet "poor quality" food is better than no food...but I have found if you plan correctly you will not run into this problem...plain and simple.

Well, if its something you can pick apart, like a burger, then pick the bread out (no carbs) and eat the beef. If you can either eat a carb filled meal or a fat filled meal, your better off than eating one that is high in both

Bro i know this will sound funny to some of you guys but hell w/ it. When i bulk i always carry a source of protein w/ me at all times. People at school ask me "where's your emergency sandwich" b/c i always carry a ham sandwich loaded w/ ham or a meal replacement bar w/ me. Shit happens and i don't want to be left w/out food so i carry it w/ me everywhere. This is just to hold me off to lunch in case i eat a late lunch, if i eat an early lunch then i'll eat the "emergency sandwich" after. lol. Gotta maintain anabolism!!! :alien:

'hehe gotta love that emergency sandwhich :eek: lets een if i can give you some karma for that again :p

anyway back on topic, yeah i would just eat especially when im bulking. But you said you found yourself in the situation a lot. IMO this should not happen a lot you need to plan more carefully. Plan for things you cant plan for huh? Well the emergency sandwhich is a great idea. You get to have a good meal even if your in a situation that you dint forsee

yeah, try to carry protien bars with you at all times, but shit when theres nothing there to eat...eat shit food. I was in england over spring break and had to eat fried chicken and chocolate bars and chips and it didn't do much to me. I had a supply of designer bars but i had to ration them.

Here is an example of why i ask, an extreme example of having to be MacGuyver to figure this one out.

Spring Break @Bahamas this past March

Breakfast: none offered
Sbarro next to hotel: $42 for large pizza, or $6.50/slice
Bottle of Water: $3
Can of Beer: 2for$6 @ a bar if ur lucky (so $ doesnt just go towards just food)
Buffet Option: $40 all u can eat
Hotel Cafe: $25 minimum for a meal
quality of food everywhere: poor
supermarkets: dont exist...the ones that do, u dont want in

Wendy's Extra Value Meal: $5 + Cost of putting your life at stake to walk 3 miles to the island's ghetto where they don't want Americans getting the regular prices on food.

I will probably be in a similar situation this year...as a hardgainer, i lost a noticeable amount of mass over those 8 days, combined w/6 nites of heavy drinking, but u can only do this once, so as might as well go all out....but it would be nice to figure the food thing out.

Top Bottom