Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it bad to drink a protein shake before bed?

akilgore1978

My boyfriend is drinking protein shakes before bed and I have told him that he'll never loose any weight doing that shit. He could definately stand to loose a few around the waste but he works out everyday and we eat pretty well. Is this bad for him to do??:(

When i'm trying to lose bodyfat, I use a 0 carb protein, such as Pure Pro or Ion X so I don't have to hane the extra carbs floating around, looking for a fat cell to jump into!

i drink a heavy shake before bed because if i dont ill wake up and feel that my body just ate all of the muscle i have.

I always drink a low carb protein shake right before bed. You body is going the whole night with out food so I have one before bed and one right when I get up before breakfast.

M18

Is this a sign you might need to relax a little? I have an IV setup near my bed filled with a whey protein shake with a minor amount of carbs. It is set to dispense 30 grams of protein every 90 minutes.

Oh wait, no that was a dream I had. And that wasn't an IV, it was a chick. And what was happening every 90 minutes was...nevermind.

What was the question? Are you serious? Yes, he will kill himself if he takes a protein shake right before bed. Or at least I can promise you this, he will die. Sometime.

whether your goals are to gain or lose in order to do it in a efficient way you should always eat before laying to rest.a low to zero carb, high protien shake or meal is ideal at this time. lean towards whole food meats or slowly absorbed protien powders.you want your body to fast for as little time as possible while sleeping.by avoiding whey and other quikly absorbed protiens at this time you facilitate a slow steady absorption of protien through the majority of your sleeping hours. this is neccassary to efficiently facilitate fatloss while preserving muscle mass when on a restricted calorie regimen.peace,fly

it depends on the calorie content, a low cal protein shake is fine. remember, he needs protein to gain muscle mass and the more muscle mass he has the higher his metabolism wil be and he'll lose more fat

thanks for all the information guys....

OH YEA, to Mr. Longhorn or whatever it is with the comment about the girl and the IV. Maybe you should "relax a little" When you guys are constantly asking us "are we too fat, are my muscles big enough" Is it bad for me to be drinking this at night before I go to bed??? Guys are JUST as bad if not WORSE than girls, so with that being said. TO ALL THE GUYS THAT GAVE ME USEFUL!!!!!! INFORMATION IT IS TRULY!!! appreciated!!!

and I think that if you don't see a post you like you shouldn't respond because the way people take things aren't usually the way the were intended.:cool:

Top Bottom