Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Atkins/Keto Diet

razer2000

About 2 years ago, I spent about 5 months or so on the Atkins diet. It worked well, as I was in a ketogenic (sp?) state most of the time.

I did notice that near the end, I wasn't in ketosis at all. No matter how strict I was in diet, and I actually ate the same thing every single day, I couldn't get into ketosis. I used to measure my level with those sticks and couldn't even change the color one shade!!

Anyway, has anybody that used this diet also experienced this? I concluded that the diet only works for so long before the body adapts.

Never mind my last post. I did a search and found out what CKD is.... cyclical ketogenic diet

And this sounds a lot like what I did way before I ever heard of the Atkins diet.

Oh, and on a side note. I managed to stay on the Adkins diet so long because I finally found a food I could eat every single day without getting sick of.

I went to KFC for lunch and ordered 5 or 6 chicken breasts. I always made sure that I got the freshest ones, because if they aren't fresh out of the cooker, then they aren't moist and juicy. Then I peeled the skin off and ate. I went there so often that they recognized my car at the drive through and read my order off to me before I could say anything.

Then for dinner, I always ate a huge salad with ham, eggs, and cheese piled on, with a oil and vinegar dressing. I went there so often, the waitress always had my diet coke on the table before I could get to my table with the food.

If any of you are searching for a food you won't get sick of, try the KFC thing. It's a winner.

Remember Razor, the ketostix don't measure whether you're in ketosis or not. They measure how many ketones are secreted in your urine. If you do more exercise to burn the ketones created when fat is broken down, or drink more water that dilutes your urine, you might not register on the ketostix even though you are still in ketosis

Ok, now that you have posted more info., in turn, here is a simple explanation:

Salad+diet soda+vinegar dressing+too much protein because you peel the skin off the chicken breast (not enough fat)+"piled" cheese= a very good chance that these things kept you out of ketosis. The pioneer of Ketosis, Mr. Atkins, said in his book that diet sodas, vinegar can keep you out of a Ketonic state.

Mr.X :cool:

Top Bottom