Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

artificial sweeteners are appetite stimulants?

bran987

there is a guy who used to work for huge fast food chain that is on the radio saying aspartame and splenda are appetite stimulants. he's actually a guest that's on a weekly health show.

he recommends xylitol, says the other sugar substitutes are pretty bad for you. pisses me off cause i just caught the tail end of it

he's not even selling anything, which worries me because that gives him more credibility.

Bran987 said:
there is a guy who used to work for huge fast food chain that is on the radio saying aspartame and splenda are appetite stimulants. he's actually a guest that's on a weekly health show.
Not true for every body
and even though I've heard some aspartame opponent saying that, I have never seen any serious study about it

Bran987 said:
he recommends xylitol, says the other sugar substitutes are pretty bad for you. pisses me off cause i just caught the tail end of it
Xylitol = more calories than aspartame
and too much xylitol = gastric issues

Bran987 said:
he's not even selling anything, which worries me because that gives him more credibility.
Yes, but it doesn't mean he is a smart guy, nor that he is competent in nutrition

Is xylitol one of the nutritive sweeters (ie. having calories) or is it like aspartame and basically passes through the body unchanged?

ProtienFiend said:
Is xylitol one of the nutritive sweeters (ie. having calories) or is it like aspartame and basically passes through the body unchanged?

it is a sugar alcohol = polyol

Xylitol has one-third fewer calories than sugar but about the same sweetening power.

whereas aspartam is 400 times sweetern than sugar

Top Bottom