Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Apples late at night

Madd Hatter

I thought apples at night were bad because of the sugar.
But I heard something a few days back that apples actually slowed down protein absorbtion. So that'd be good for late night. I dunno, I've just gotten in the habit of having an apple with natty PB a lot of nights, it's the best tasting damn thing that's "good" for me.

'But I heard something a few days back that apples actually slowed down protein absorbtion'

if you want slow absorption consume solid food...casein (cheese), eggs, fish, meat and add some fats...basically a combination of protein+fat is a great before-sleep meal

I think I'm going to start using Flaxseed Oil in my pre-bedtime shakes, but I'm just wondering how much it costs and for how long of a supply? Thanks!!

my flax is like $8 and its about the size of a toilet paper roll (the inside part)

I do have cottage cheese right before bed, what I want to know is if I'm doing harm by having apples late at night. I love them for a snack, but if they're more bad than good, I'll try to give them up.

From what i've read the whole idea behind protein+fat meal before bed is:
1)avoiding insulin response - apples do have low GI but still they induce insulin reaction...at night is the time when Growth Hormone and Testosterone are secreted...insulin 'wipes' them out of the blood plasma - bad...you need recovery at night

2) later in the evening people tend to have lower insulin sensitivity, especially if no activity is performed in proximity to the time of consumption your carbs are going to be wasted and most likely deposited into fat - you're not expediting them for energy

anyone disagree?! feedback is welcome..

i love gala apples..... i like to have one with breakfast and 1-2 throughout the day after that. there is only like 100 calories in an apple won't kill you before bed.

I don't do it myself, but I guess an apple would be better than a lot of other things you could binge on that are full of sugar. More nutritional too. Besides, when was the last time you ever heard of anyone getting fat off apples? I would be more weary of apple juice than the apple itself. I say, go ahead if you need that fix at night like most of us usually do. You could do a hell of a lot worse.

Top Bottom