Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Appetite Enhancer?

Lestat

MVP
EF VIP
Is there any legal supplement or drug I can take to increase my appetite?

I am 6'2" 190 or so and trying to gain weight.. I try to eat as much as possible but I get full.

Right now I am 3/4 done with my double chicken breast sandwich for lunch but I am getting very full.. It'd be nice if I could find someting that would make me want to eat and eat (not smoking pot either).

Also -

has anyone found a protein shake that they can take 3-4 times a day for a few weeks straight and NOT have it make them nauseous!

Brian

I can't answer your first question, but, as far as protein shakes go, I take EAS Simply Whey 3 times a day and I think its very good. Maybe if you take some crappy protein powder for a few weeks (crappy as in tastes bad) then go on this stuff, you'll appreciate the taste difference :)

and I also use EAS protein. It mixes so easily and has a nice taste. It's far better than the rest IMO.

The only thing you can take to enhance your appetite is food. Just as dieters need to get accustomed to eating less, gainers need to get accustomed to eating more. So, eat when you are full, even if it means only two or three more bites. Your body will adapt and soon expect you to eat more.

As for your shakes, three or four a day is a waste, especially if you're trying to gain. Take one preferrably, two a day tops. The rest of what you eat should be lean protein, some veggies and low GI carbs.

So eat up!!

Although I would not recommend this normally because I am weary of what kind of carbs i eat and usually like to keep it to whole sources like oatmeal and sweet potatoes because i like a nice stable glucose and insulin level so i dont get crashes. But for this situation would would go after High GI carbs like white rice, white potatoes, maltodextrin. These foods are a sure fire way to make you insulin make a spike. This is not ideal usually but it will deinitely make you hungry. More filling fibrous carbs and protein will make you full fast. SO until you get accustomed to eating more food try to add in some quick acting carbs to keep you wanting to eat. Once you are acclimated go back to fibrous carbs because too much insulin over a period of time is not what you want, unless you feel like getting muscular and fat at the same time. Good luck

Bigbear-Alex

Using a good multi-vitamin can stimulate appetite. Also, try not to drink any fluids with your meals.

As far as pharmaceutical help, Megace is used in cancer and anorexic patients. It does require a Rx, but it should stimulate your appetite.

good luck

Bigbubba and Bigbear are right on. Don't drink fluids with meals, that will increase distension. And eat higher GI carbs, and more simple carbs in general, they have a very quick transit time through the GI tract and tend to leave you hungrier about 30 minutes later than you were originally. Good luck

One more thing, you may want to lower your fiber intake, that will make you feel very full very quick. But don't lower it too much or you may get constipated. So keep the fruits and veggies and oats in your diet.....

Ryan

BigbubbaTX said:

As far as pharmaceutical help, Megace is used in cancer and anorexic patients. It does require a Rx, but it should stimulate your appetite.

Megace is progesterone based. Besdies, you can get weed much easier, and it works much better.

Top Bottom