Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anything wrong with taking ALA with preworkout meal

110%

if my preworkout meal has 45 grams carbs from oatmeal, i am taking in 500 mg. ALA with it, and i workout about 30 min later. is this just wasting my ALA since when i workout i will end up using the glycogen in my muscles for energy, so i do not really need to rush it out of the bloodstream with the ala???

the problem I find w/ taking ALA pre-workout is that it's akin to taking slin pre-workout...(not as harsh, but close), thus I do not recommend it unless you are having high-gi

Mr.X
EF mod.

110% said:
f my preworkout meal has 45 grams carbs from oatmeal, i am taking in 500 mg. ALA with it, and i workout about 30 min later. is this just wasting my ALA since when i workout i will end up using the glycogen in my muscles for energy, so i do not really need to rush it out of the bloodstream with the ala???

30-45 minutes before workout I take 1500mg ALA with 200gms hi GI carbs (2 carbo-forces or 2 ultra fuels), I initially feel lethargic, but a few minutes inot the workout, the lethargy is replaced by alertness, and incredible pumps. 30-45 minutes is not enough time for that amount of carbs to be shuttled into your muscles, it begins around the time you start your workout, and probably doesn't end until after you finish working out.. And of course right after workot I may have more carbs + protein + ALA.

Also realize that your choice of pre-workout carbs (oatmeal) releases into your blood stream slowly, and may not be the optimal choice. Try some hi GI carbs instead.

regards,

Rangerx83

Top Bottom