Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anything Wrong with Instant Brown Rice

Sleazeball

Topic pretty much says it all, does it matter if the brown rice is instant or not? For example, i've been eating instant brown rice (the stuff you can just nuke) instead of fussing over the other crap. Is there a BIG difference between instant and non, cause as far as I can tell one has just been precooked.

the instant ones should have a higher Glycemic Index (GI) than the other kind... but rice in general is usually a bad choice when trying to cut fat (yes, even the brown kind!).

Thanks proteinfiend.

I only eat 1/2 a cup a day post workout, would it being instant make that big of a difference? The conveinence makes it worth it to me, just want to see everyone else opinions are.

I am currently cutting and eat 1/2 cup br. rice (with chicken) PWO. I see no problem with it, as long as you keep it to PWO.

the instant rice has already been partially cooked (parboiled) by the time you purchase it. because of this, some of the nutrients have been lost; however, if it's between this and white rice, go with the brown as it is still much more wholesome than the heavily processed white.

Sleazeball said:
Thanks proteinfiend.

I only eat 1/2 a cup a day post workout, would it being instant make that big of a difference? The conveinence makes it worth it to me, just want to see everyone else opinions are.

I really see no problem with that. Convenience is not a thing to waste. :p

Top Bottom