Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone have Acid Reflux Disease?

Djicy

I ask because I think I have it. After I hate certain foods my throat burns and it feels like I have a big lump stuck in my throat. I also have difficulting swallowing and sometimes when I swallow food gets stuck in my throat and I can't swallow. It sucks because I'm trying to go on a diet but I can't eat fruits vegetables or eggs because it makes my throat burn and hard to swallow. I also haven't found a protein drink I can take because these are also hard for me to swallow.

I was wondering if anyone has this disease and what they did about it and what symptoms they had. I would really like to get it fixed I checked some sites about it just wanted to hear anyones opinions on it.

Dont have it but I have a good friend who is a pro and he does. From what I understand it really sucks. Sometimes he can't sleep as a result of the reflux causing pain in his throat.

What I would do is go and see a doc. Pretty simple huh? I hear that that nexium works damn well so I would try to get a free sample of that stuff to try it out. Sorry I can't offer more but if it acid reflux you don't want to wait around for it to go away. I won't. You should get it checked asap you'll feel better if you do.

Gig

gigantasor said:
Dont have it but I have a good friend who is a pro and he does. From what I understand it really sucks. Sometimes he can't sleep as a result of the reflux causing pain in his throat.

What I would do is go and see a doc. Pretty simple huh? I hear that that nexium works damn well so I would try to get a free sample of that stuff to try it out. Sorry I can't offer more but if it acid reflux you don't want to wait around for it to go away. I won't. You should get it checked asap you'll feel better if you do.

Gig

Thanks for the response, Does your friend take nexium?

I got prescribed nexium the other day.

I havnt filled it yet... but... I stopped drinking diet pop yesterday, Started drinking 1 cup of lactose free skim milk in the morning and started taking some calcium magnesium supplements.

Have yet to have heart burn today....

gigantasor said:
Yeah my buddy does. He swears by the stuff.

Thanks, does he get a prescription or have any sites to get it for cheap? That shit is expensive thats why I ask.

Nexium works like a charm!!!

I used to take prevacid and protonix and prevacid was the best I thought.

The biggest thing I thought was that when I changed my diet/eating habits, etc... then I didn't have as much of the acid. I had to go to the doctor to get tested for the bacteria in your blood if you have the disease, but I still had bad heartburn, etc...

Clean said:
Nexium works like a charm!!!

I used to take prevacid and protonix and prevacid was the best I thought.

The biggest thing I thought was that when I changed my diet/eating habits, etc... then I didn't have as much of the acid. I had to go to the doctor to get tested for the bacteria in your blood if you have the disease, but I still had bad heartburn, etc...

Ok thanks for replying let ask you this if you don't mind. Did it happen when you ate oranges, eggs bananas and foods like that? Also did you have a tough time swallowing when you ate? And now that you tak these pills can you eat the certain foods you couldn't? Sorry if these questions sound stupid I just want to get to the bottom of everything.

I have to change my diet and it sucks because I can't eat the stuff I love. Also do you have a tough time swallowing pills?

You may, or may not have AR. What could be the case (as is the case with me) is that your sphincter muscle (not that one!) at the top of your stomach is not working and hence allows stomach fluids to well up in your esophogus. There is an operation that can be done, but according to most M.D.s it's not worth the effort, and the results are questionable.

My stomach has been like this my whole life and I started getting heartburn before I was 9 years old. I think I've basically maintained the value in Rolaids stock singlehandedly.

I would start with a visit to the doc. He may want to stick a camera down your throat though. I had that done while I was awake, and let me tell you it was worse than a colonoscopy. You will feel what "instinct" is all about...and then have to fight it.

Prevacid is my favorite and does the job best for me. However, it's bloody expensive in Canada, likely alot more in the US.

I have absolutely vicious heartburn....it got to the point where I had it 24 hours a day no matter what I ate. I went to the doc, and started taking losec, and it went away. Eventually he switched me to nexium, but I ended up with bad bloating, so its back to losec.
You havent lived until they stick a tube down your nose into your stomach, attach it to a computer, and send you home like that for 24 hours

Top Bottom