Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone eat lowfat cottage cheese for the protein?

Laserdude

It is fairly high in protein, at 56 grams for a 1 lb container. I use the 2% lowfat version. You can add fruit to it, chives or pepper to jazz it up.

Just curious about it.

I eat it every morning with some pineapple. It's a great source. But I can't see eating quite as much as 3x per day. Even the lowfat stuff has a good amount of fat and sodium in it.

guys try this. make a baked potatoe and instead of cream cheese, put some cottage cheese on it. tastes awesome. this is my favorite meal:

baked potatoe
chicken
cottage cheese
1 piece whole wheat bread
1 tbs peanut butter

600cals
10fat
60 carbs
60 protein

RE: cottage cheese

Cottage cheese is a great source of slow protein. It's good mixed with oatmeal. Cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal and dump the cottage cheese on it, then mix. I usually eat this as a second meal along with a tbsp of peanut butter. Or cottage cheese with nonfat yogurt on it is also good. A good night time snack is cottage cheese with sugar-free jello, or sugar-free pudding mixed together. Be creative!

blown, I love you...well, not literally, but you know that. I just tried the potato and cottage cheese combo, and it kicks ass!!! I just microwaved my potato, cut into 2 halves, and then added 1/2 cup of Nonfat cottage cheese to each half. Then I sprinkled some MRS. DASH "Table Blend" on each half and ate. Next time I am going for 2/3 cup for eaxh half to raise the protein up a bit. THANKS!!!

I recall someone mentioning this technique using sweet potatos a few weeks back, and i'll be trying this out tomorrow.

BTW, this is coming from someone who thinks cottage cheese tastes like ass!!!

2BTW, another food that cottage cheese hides well in is pasta dishes. This comes in handy to those that like to use pasta as a bulking food. My favorite is lasagna, but it also does well in spaghetti type dishes.

BMJ

BMJ, isnt it great!! i swear i have it at least 2x/day. cottage cheese is great source of protein, but i cant stand it by itself so works great on a potatoe. u other bros need to try and let me know what you think!

Top Bottom