Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody grind their oats up?

Jayhawk21

I've tried using a blender when mixing my whey with whole grain whole oats but nothing really happens to the oats. They are still big and nasty and I choke on them. I think I could stomach it alot better if it was in powder form, like whey protein. Anybody grind their oats up and have success? Or better yet, anybody know where I can buy preground up oat powder. I'm having no luck on google.

Jayhawk21 said:
I've tried using a blender when mixing my whey with whole grain whole oats but nothing really happens to the oats. They are still big and nasty and I choke on them. I think I could stomach it alot better if it was in powder form, like whey protein. Anybody grind their oats up and have success? Or better yet, anybody know where I can buy preground up oat powder. I'm having no luck on google.

I grind up 1/2 cup of oats with 3 eggs a yogurt 2 scoops of 90g of protein powder and 1 cup of 2% milk ( I use the large oats maybe they grind up better then what u are using) when im done blending its pretty thick but not chunky :Chef:

+1

I put the milk or water and the oats in and mix them first, then I add a banana and 3 scoops of Whey. No special blender.

Banana deff helps - when I amke w/ water and whey only it is a bit more "noticable"

I prefer to let my body do most of the digesting.

Plus, i tried to blend them in the past... my blender sucks, lol.

cooked Oats, berries, splenda (or honey), cinnamon and i'm good to go.

hmm... try a coffee grinder? I've never thought of mixing oats with my whey, definitely gonna have to try it tho...

YoungIntricateMuscle said:
just buy organic oatmeal flour.

this sounds like a much easier option, gotta look for this stuff

i ground some up in the coffee grinder this morning, seemed to work real well- only about 30secs and it came out a nice fine powder. Didn't want to assimilate into the liquid tho, just stayed kinda powdery. I tried heating it up to see what would happen (ie-cooking oats), and then it just got all chalky tasting and textured.

mm mm hot and mixed with choco whey = hot chalkolate. blech.

grinding them up like this would still probably be good for making your own oat flour tho

Top Bottom