Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any truth to kidney damage on the atkins or keto diet?

rdhdfmn

Ok I tried to search kidney damage out and all I got was some steroid replies. Is there any research on kidney damage that says that either of these diets causes any damage? Thanks Rd

NOT SURE HOW MUCH TRUTH IS IN THIS BUT I GOT THIS OUT OF SOME MET-RX THING
"THE IDEA THAT IT IS DANGEROUS TO CONSUME TOO MUCH PROTEIN IS ONE OF THE MOST PERVASIVE NUTRIONAL MYTHS TODAY. IT DATES BACK TO AN EXPERIMENT DONE ON RATS. THE RATS WERE PUT ON HIGH PROT DIETS AND DEVELOPED A SERIOUS KIDNEY CONDITION CALLED NEPHROCALCINOSIS. THIS DISEASE HAS NEVER BEEN FOUND IN HUMAN BEINGS. IN FACT HIGH AMOUNTS OF PROTEIN(4 TO 6 GRAMS PER LB OF WEIGHT A DAY) DOES NOT RESULT IN KIDNEY OR LIVER DYSFUNCTION IN HEALTHY PEOPLE. INDIVIDUAL WITH PREEXISTING LIVER OR KIDNEY OR PANCREATIC DISEASE SHOULD MONITOR PROTEIN INTAKE WITH THEIR PHYSICIAN."
ALY

rdhdfmn said:
Ok I tried to search kidney damage out and all I got was some steroid replies. Is there any research on kidney damage that says that either of these diets causes any damage? Thanks Rd
I don't think there is anything to worry about

Top Bottom