Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any other builders out there who diet with the old fashioned "high carb" diet?

1 more thing

With most any diet you will lose more weight in the first two weeks than any other time. Usually due to water loss. However, in a bodybuilding type diet we should strive to lose as much fat as possible while maintaining muscle. The best way to do this, regardless of type of diet, is to lose 1-2 lbs per week. I know this is possible with a high carb or any other diet IF you do it as it was meant to be done. If your losing more than this you need to up your calories. The BEST kind of diet is the one you can stick to.

I guess the real point I'm trying to make is you need to do weekly bodyfat tests using the same method preferably first thing in the morning and keep track of your progress. The scale can lie beacause of the water loss in most diets. So again if you are weighing, do it the same time, same day, same everything.

Start your diet early enough, its always better to take a break to jump start your metabolism anyway. Most diets will work for anybody to a point, or atleast they do for me. I've tried them all.

What about the zone diet?
You must adjust calories to your needs because if you follow the book it is WAY too low, but 40,30,30 has always seemed like a good combination to me.:)

MS said:
100 grams of protein is not enough for most people to cut on while maintaining muscle in the long term. I wouldn't go below 30% protein unless you're on a CKD. However, when "bulking" there is no need to eat a shit load of protein. I think a lot of BBs are habituated to high protein diets....they never cycle their protein so their bodies become very inefficient at using the protein they give it. Protein is like anything else you put in your body. If you take a lot of anything all the time, your body adapts and becomes less efficient/more resistant to it.

MS i completely agree. I read countless posts of people taking in 400-500g of protein a day when bulking, and the same when cutting. Basically that's their intake every day. But I completely agree w/ you. First time I mentioned here to "cycle your protein" i think everyone thought i was nuts. It makes sense to me...

I don't think that it is all that important to go way low with the carbs. The way to lose fat is to eat less calories than you burn. It is up to the dieter to decide what way is best to do this without suffering TOO much. For me, protein is one of the most satisfying foods, so I eat a lot of it. I also eat a decent amount of carbs from vegetables and high-fiber starches like oatmeal or beans. This sort of diet is pretty satisfying and tolerable, which allows me to feel satisfied on less food. High carbs becomes a problem when people think that as long as the food doesn't have fat, they won't get fat, and they fill up on un-satisfying foods like white bread or sugary stuff, and end up eating too many calories.

Top Bottom