Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any Big Fish Eaters In Here?

louden_swain

I like fish. . . especially salmon and trout. I feel that fish is easy to digest compared to red meat. However, there are certain types of fish that upset my stomach. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

you can easily get sick with fish if it is not fresh

I absolutely love salmon. And every restaurant I've been to recently has had it on the stock, so it's kinda my catch-all 'going out' meal. :p

Never had an upset stomach from fish though. Red meat and poultry yeah, but never fish.

Thats unusual, Orange Roughy is very delicate and savory, more like lobster or a crustacean, I have never had any problems with it. Digests smoothly and quickly for me.

I eat Smoked Salmon from Cost Co on average of twice per day. I eat tons of Canned Tuna and Salmon, fresh grilled Salmon. I smoked a huge fillet once, Ahi Tuna Steaks seved pink, Smoked Whitefish is great from local Deli's, Sardines, Froze Shrimp, Man you can call me a big Fish eater.
I often eat fish 4 times per day, minimally twice per day.

The question is have you ever gotten really messed up from eating Orange Roughy? You may be having problems with this particular fish if you have contracted Ciguatera through it in the past. Your symptoms sound pretty mild, but if you came down with Ciguatera poisoning in the past, just eating the same type of fish again can bring symptoms back. Just a thought.....

make sure any fish you eat is FRESH - fresh fish does NOT have a "fishy" smell - it smells vaguely of salt water, no more. Best place to get it is on the pier when the trawlers come in like where my parents live.... mmmmmm.....

I love fish. I would eat much more if it were cheaper.

My favorite indulgence is that prepackaged sushi at the supermarket. MMM MMM MMM

Also salmon, tuna ,etc.

But I would say on average about 1 meal a day.

If you like fish, you should go to Japan. They have the highest per capita consumption of fish in the world (not surprising for an island country). You will be in heaven.

JC

Top Bottom