Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Answers to whey powder vs. Solid food

##spiderbaby##

Whey protein powder vs. Solid food.

Just to give a quick example. There seems to be a lot of ?’s regarding the value of protein shakes.
I am using an inexpensive protein here. Nothing fancy.

N-Large2 10pounds $35.00---- 2 cents a gram!
29 servings
52 grams of protein.
52g X 29 servings equals 1508grams of protein. Divided by $35.00 equals $.02 per gram of protein

Tuna (canned) $.40 per can----$.008 less than a 1 cent per gram.!
1 serving = 1 can for our purpose.
45 grams of protein per can.
45 X 1 serving equals 45grams of protein(duh). Divided by $.40 a can equals $.008 per gram of protein.

Frozen chicken breasts $12.00 for 3 pounds.----3 cents a gram! (I know you can get it cheaper than this.)
Eight- 6oz servings per bag/box whatever.
9grams of protein per ounce of chicken breast.
3(pounds) X 16(ounces) equals 48ounces of chicken per bag. 48(total ounces) X 9(protein grams per ounce) equals 432grams of protein Divided by $12.00 equals $.03 per gram of protein.

Beef is similar to the chicken. It can be found cheaper sometimes.

Tuna is a no-brainer while the chicken you still have to cook.
Whey powders have a long shelf life.
Tuna has a longer shelf life.
Cooked chicken has to be refrigerated.

Now go to a discount food store like Aldi or GFS or Sam’s club and those real food number drop.

This is not intended to be in-depth (obviously) just some numbers to play with.

Reactions: sk*
i've always read that whole food was better and that shakes should just be used if you need a meal and you dont have time to make it or time to sit down and eat it

Tuna is pretty revolting after a while. I've tried spicing it up with other things, but it's STILL tuna.

Just some $$ numbers. Some guys believe that powders are very cost efficient while this is not the case. Now some of those powders have other items in them that are beneficial but I just wanted to show raw money numbers.

I used a cheap Whey powder and retail food prices. You can get those food numbers even lower if you buy in bulk or generic.

2 cans of tuna is 90grams. anyone can eat two cans of tuna. Unless you really hate canned tuna.

You also can buy frozen whitefish for even lower $ per protein gram.

I am eating a can as I type! :D

Mythos said:
Tuna is pretty revolting after a while. I've tried spicing it up with other things, but it's STILL tuna.

Its not bad with a little chili powder.

Compared to whey powders tuna is delicious to me. ;)

If powderd supplements were as good as real food don't you imagine the military and nasa would use that instead of freeze dried? it would be a lot lighter. That is why they call it a suplement.

ROLGOR said:
If powderd supplements were as good as real food don't you imagine the military and nasa would use that instead of freeze dried? it would be a lot lighter. That is why they call it a suplement.

Good point! I never thought about it in those terms.

yeah I like tuna myself and use it primarily, a good 4 cans a day at least a long with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The tuna does get to you after a while, just don't try to turn it into a shake with milk like I did once, I figured it would go down quicker, well it didn't, i blended and blended until it was all finely chopped up but man it just was revolting, I then tried to add peanut butter to it but that made it worse, I barely finished it

undecided said:
yeah I like tuna myself and use it primarily, a good 4 cans a day at least a long with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The tuna does get to you after a while, just don't try to turn it into a shake with milk like I did once, I figured it would go down quicker, well it didn't, i blended and blended until it was all finely chopped up but man it just was revolting, I then tried to add peanut butter to it but that made it worse, I barely finished it

Just know your not the first but rather part of a select few who have tried this very same thing. I crack up when I think about it. A tuna shake :D Thats just disgusting.

Top Bottom