Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Answers to whey powder vs. Solid food

This might be a stupid reply - so please flame ON if it is, and my advance appologies! I love Tuna... eat it EVERY day about 2 to 3 times per day, but I hear that tuna in general has mercury in it and that mercury builds up in your body over time, causing all sorts of bad stuff inlcuding dementia (eventually). Should I be concerned with this at all, or am I just paranoid?

At least I don't set off metal detectors when I pass through them yet....;)

yeah tuna does have mercury i'm not sure how much, and i've been kind of worried about it myself, thats why i started to add some chicken breasts in, its just so much easier to eat a can of tuna than cook a chicken breast, and I don't have a scale so I don't know how much protein i'm getting from my chicken, i guess thats good in a way cause i know that i overcompensate and end up getting extra protein everytime, you don't know exactly with tuna either but you have a pretty good general idea.

I used to down a tin of tuna after a workout every week, but now I can hardly eat the shit strait from the can without forcing it down my throat.

what the hell kind of tuna are you eating?
40 cents for a can with 45g protein???
the only shit ive ever seen is like $1.50 for a can with 23g protein!

It is about $1.50....but bro....its 23 grams of protien....PER SERVING!

The all have about 40-50 grams of carbs per can (6oz)

You guys dont have a Walmart or a Sams club?

Its $.40 a can Ive seen it as low as $.29 a can.
most if not all are 15grams per serving and a can of tuna has 2-3 servings.

In fact I believe the number is 2.5 so its like 37grams per can.

1.50 damn you guys are paying way too much. I get it for 50 cents a can, and thats the starkist kind not store brand. and each can has about 2.5 servings each serving having 13 grams of protein. so you get about 32 grams of protein per can, thats pretty standard for tuna I think. There is the albacore tuna which is more expensive, around 1 - 1.50 a can its got 14 grams of protein per serving and once again about 2.5 servings, therefore about 35 grams per can, the albacore also contains some omega fatty acids not sure which ones though.

I would be very concerned about Mecury Poisoning if you are consuming 3-4+ cans of tuna a day. Something to think about.

Swift :freak:

yeah I am a little worried, I hope my grocery store puts boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale for 1.79 a pound again. I bought 40 pounds last time :D

After the first week, i have to drown tuna in Mayo to eat it- it's so dry! I drink two 40gm shakes a day to SUPPLEMENT my solid food intake, and they taste much better than tuna... Thanks to American Whey for making Double Dutch Chocolate- such a great tasting product! :p

Top Bottom