Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anabolic Diet

R2-D2

Good evening everyone! I have wanted to try Dr. Mauro DiPasquale's anabolic diet for some time. I have the book and have read it and it seems to make sense. Has anyone tried it and for those who have, I would like to see what y'all (South Louisiana slang for you all) think. I have heard rave reviews about bodyopus but have never ordered it. Thanks in advance for any info!

The Anabolic Diet is a book I bought a few years back but never tried the diet. It calls for very high fat, 55-60%, fairly high protien, 30-35%, and to keep carbs below 30 grams for 5 days. Then on the 6th day, eat lots of carbs, 45-60%, alot of fat, 30-40% and minimal protein, 10-15%. You "carb up" for 36-48 hours or until you feel really bloated. Then you go back to the 5 day low carb. This diet has always been controversial as I how heard reviews either in a very encouraging manner, or very negative. I am trying it out for the hell of it. If anyone would like to listen, maybe I will post my results. Take care and have a nice evening!

Now why would you ever want to drop your protein that low? Seems to me that all of these diets are crazy these days. Why not stick with the diet outlined by Arnold(40-40-20)? It works well and seems to be the most balanced. Plus, who the hell can argue with Arnold?

I agree with you Grizzly. Most of the diets do seem crazy these days. However, you never know how good a diet will work until you try it out. I will try it out for 8 weeks and hopefully be able to tell you all that it works. On the other hand, maybe I will only become a fat lard ass. I will attempt to keep you all posted. Have a good day!

Be prepared to feel like complete shit. For some people, the diet (you're going on a Cyclic Ketogenic Diet or CKD) works really well for some people, but everyone feels like they're dead for the first 3 weeks. Doa search on Lyle McDonald if you want more perspective. He's written some really detailed and easy to understand stuff and he's even posted a weekly diet of how he felt and what he did exactly each week. Good luck though.

I personally have used the diet for over a year. Call BS if you want to but it's the truth. It has worked quite well for me too. Never been in better shape. Everyone reacts differently though. Good luck.

------------------
m.pstm.8106.e.jpg

"I'm having an old friend for dinner."

Well, I have completed my first week. I did not feel too bad, but I use xenadrine, so it helps blunt the blues if you know what I mean. Hannibal, you say you have been on the diet for a while now, I would like to discuss what you have settled on as working best for you, are you following the actual book principles, or what? Also, thanks to all that have posted replies.

Hannibal. Id like to know what kind of muscle gains youve made and your body fat %.I just started CKD.Been on it for a week.Feels weird but I think its working.Dont mind me asking about your results.The reason i ask is because i was considering staying on it for for a while.What ive heard from those who favor the diet is that you can gain lean mass at a much slower rate however you dont have to worry about the fat.Sounds great to me.Personally I think its simple.Easy to follow.Another thing id like to ask:Are you takin in maintanence calorie,Do you switch calorie amount.And if i were to take in mantanence would i still burn fat and keep muscle.Id appreciate you info on this TY.

Top Bottom