Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alan Aragon and chocolate milk

LEONEDO8

This guy wrote and article about chocolate milk been a good post workout drink, would you guys recommend or advice chocolate milk over a protein shake? aren't those chocolate milks loaded with sugar and isn't their carb source kind of poor to take for recovery? I would like to hear opinions since chocolate milk could be an option for those like in my case don't have always the time to make a protein shake,thank you.

It is a good post workout drink. Sugar causes the insulin spike and shuttles nutrients through the body. And has a good amount of protein. I wouldn't necessarily say it's better than a shake though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have time to make a protein shake? Really? You add 2 scoops to a shaker bottle and then pour in water...

There are a couple problems with chocolate milk.
First, it's high in lactose. Lactose is the milk sugar naturally found in dairy products. The majority of adult humans are sensitive to lactose. This can lead to GI issues like gas and blowing.
Second, it's very high in sugar and very low in protein. A cup of chocolate milk will have around 5g fat, 30g sugar, and only 9g of protein. That is a terrible ratio.

Your best option would be to use a high quality protein shake. You get the beneficial milk proteins, with none of lactose or sugar.

I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. A good whey isolate should be pretty much fat and carb free. Isolation has 26g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat per 30g scoop.

I would use 1-2 scoops of that along with a serving of fruit like a banana.

i think this idea is assinine

just an excuse to drink or eat shit. if such a thing was true people would be walking around the gym with chocolate milk, pro athletes would be on the sidelines drinking chocolate milk. the real lifters, we drink water.

Top Bottom