Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

is ALA all its cracked up too be?

ala

• yes it works

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • no it does not

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • I can not tell

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • its the best supp since creatine

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
OMEGA said:

here here......we need some guru input:ryanh:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Mr. X hasn't posted here in months and I don't expect this to be any exception.

I've been on it for a few weeks and haven't noticed shit, but I think my dosage might be low. Plus I'm not on a keto. I'm on a mod carb diet. But I'm still cutting.

I'll up the dose for a while and see what happens.

BTW, you can get a good deal at: Nutritieam.

It's an expensive supplement to be using while bulking on a high carb diet if your insulin sensitivity is already good. And if your insulin sensitivity is not very good then you really shouldn't be on a high carb bulking diet anyway. It's completely unecessary on non-keto moderate carb low fat cutting diets since these diets tend to increase insulin sensitivity in normal folks. BUT it's a good all round antioxidant and if you have money to blow on supps it's prolly worth taking in the 600-800mg per day range for this purpose alone. Also good for insulin resistant folks and going into or out of ketosis. It's important to keep in mind that even while in ketosis, ALA can only assist in the disposal of as much glucose as your muscles can hold as glycogen (maybe 200-300g) and the rest of the carbs will still go to liver glycogen or fat storage. I would rather eat less carbs, and eat the right kind of carbs at the right time, then spend that amount of money on a supp. But if someone gave it to me gratis, I would take it as an antioxidant.

MS said:
It's an expensive supplement to be using while bulking on a high carb diet if your insulin sensitivity is already good. And if your insulin sensitivity is not very good then you really shouldn't be on a high carb bulking diet anyway. It's completely unecessary on non-keto moderate carb low fat cutting diets since these diets tend to increase insulin sensitivity in normal folks. BUT it's a good all round antioxidant and if you have money to blow on supps it's prolly worth taking in the 600-800mg per day range for this purpose alone. Also good for insulin resistant folks and going into or out of ketosis. It's important to keep in mind that even while in ketosis, ALA can only assist in the disposal of as much glucose as your muscles can hold as glycogen (maybe 200-300g) and the rest of the carbs will still go to liver glycogen or fat storage. I would rather eat less carbs, and eat the right kind of carbs at the right time, then spend that amount of money on a supp. But if someone gave it to me gratis, I would take it as an antioxidant.

This is VERY consistent with my ALA experience. You boys wanted to hear from a guru, well you just have. MS knows his shit. He, Anthrax and MrBMJ are the diet gods around here, IMHO.

Refed yesterday with around 800g of Carbs, Already in Ketosis again as of about an hour ago. I tested myself yesterday and I was negative for the duration of the refeed. ALA = The Win.

Why dont you dumbshits just eat low carbs like the diet says, and you wont need ALA? It can also fuck you up if you use too much.

MS said:

According to Fonz it will increase your muscle's glycogen-holding potential by increasing the amount of Glut-4 transporters <sp>....I personally have been off it for a few days and hate the flat nasty feeling my muscles now have...

Lumbuss said:
Why dont you dumbshits just eat low carbs like the diet says, and you wont need ALA? It can also fuck you up if you use too much.

You're one to talk, as the resident board fucking JACKASS.

As mentioned before, ALA is beneficial for anyone who has reduced insulin sensitivity. Keto diets (especially cyclical ones) are notorious for transiently decreasing insulin sensitivity. So ALA is valuable on keto diets. Please understand that reduced GLUT4 translocation is a HALLMARK of insulin resistance and ALA is very beneficial in this case. But people with good insulin sensitivity already (almost by definition) have high levels of intracellular GLUT4 translocation when glucose is consumed (insulin is high), especially after glycogen depleting exercise. In simple terms, ALA will not make a big difference in skeletal muscle glucose uptake if your slin sensitivity is good. The studies that FONZ/Cornholio site are all done in insulin resistant diabetic models, not normal folks. It's also worth keeping in the back of your heads that ALA also dramatically increases surface expression of GLUT4 in adipocytes, so not all the carbs you eat are automatically gonna go to your muscles when you take ALA! For the cost of high dose supp with ALA, I would personally get a glucose tolerance test done first. If your glucose tolerance is good, then there's no need to spend the money. But if you doing keto, without a doubt ALA is beneficial to help clear blood glucose during carb refeeds.

Top Bottom