Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ala

hamo

Hey guys, this is a question on ALA. Right here was the situation. I did alot of carbing up on the sunday before i wanted to start my keto diet again. I read that ALA would speed this prosess up by mimicing insulin, so i took around 800mg in the morning and followed with my morning cardio session. by 8 oclock that evening i was showing traces of ketones on the sticks! I have never been able to reach ketosis in that amount of time ever before! anyways the weekend came around again and my mates planned a huge suprise party for me :) Unfortunatly this ment i had to drink ;) so..... right or wrong i took around 600mg of ALA before i started the drinking session. On making it home completly wasted i took around 1g of ALA! i did this in a last ditch atempt to jeep me in ketosis! well anyways i tested myself on the sticks in the morning and after all that beer, vodka, redbull, and gin i was in a state of deep ketosis! is this a fake reading or what?

Will drinking alcohol affect ketosis?

No and yes. The liver can make ketones out of alcohol, so technically, when you drink you'll continue to produce ketones and so will remain in ketosis. The problem is ... alcohol converts more easily to ketones than fatty acids, so your liver will use the alchol first, in preference to fat. Thus, when you drink, basically your FAT burning is put on hold until all the alcohol is out of your system.

This rapid breakdown of alcohol into ketones and acetaldehyde (the intoxicating by-product) ... tends to put low carbers at risk for quicker intoxication ... especially if no other food is consumed to slow absorption

Did you find you got drunker faster?

I didnt get drunk any faster than normal to be honest. What my thinking was, that once my body has used the alchol up, will it then use the carbs stored from the beer i have drank? which would then knock me out of keto. But if by using the ALA would this cause me to stay in keto? im still reading purple on the sticks and i have eat around 120g of carbs today. thanks for the info aswell mate.

Top Bottom