GEORGE SPELLWIN'S ANNOUNCEMENTS

Advice on first competition, Needsize I've seen your pics!

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Advice on first competition, Needsize I've seen your pics! within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: Hey guys, First off I want to say hello. I was a member at a former board and left due to ignorance and childlike behavior. I have noticed some familiar personalities on this board and am happy to see that. To get to my question.....I am going to be entering a small bodybuilding show in my community and it will be held in mid April. I am currently 6'4 at 264 pounds and I would roughly guess 18% body fat. I am looking to do a quick bulking cycle in December for only four weeks and was

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by Juiced2theGills
    so with me being at 265 should I take a similar amount of carbs, proteins and EFA's for my contest?
    I dont know, probably a little more, but I'm only an expert in what works for me
    Homer Simpson: You can use statistics to prove anything that's even remotely true...

Homer Simpson: Old people need to be locked up and studied so we can determine which valuable nutrients can be extracted for our benefit...

Homer Simpson: I wish God were alive to see this

The coolest bodybuilding gear on the net!
    CLICK HERE!

what were you doing for cardio needsize and when did you add it into the training,Im dead set on doing the junior level at the show here in nov but I have tons of time to get ready

I didnt do much cardio, I started too and my legs started to drop size so I dropped it, most was done through the super strict diet. The cardio I did do was on a cycle, 30 minutes first thing in the morning or late at night. Next time any cardio I do will just be brisk walking
    Homer Simpson: You can use statistics to prove anything that's even remotely true...

Homer Simpson: Old people need to be locked up and studied so we can determine which valuable nutrients can be extracted for our benefit...

Homer Simpson: I wish God were alive to see this

The coolest bodybuilding gear on the net!
    CLICK HERE!

At the squat rack, on the bike or right behind your woman
    Originally posted by needsize

I dont know, probably a little more, but I'm only an expert in what works for me
    That's what everybody should be shooting for.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Intel Core i7-2600K | Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8Z68-V board | Corsair Obsidian 650 case | CORSAIR Pro HX650 | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 | GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870 1GB | Intel 510 120GB SSD | WD Green 640GB | Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM LED | Ubuntu Linux

thanks for the help,Im going to get a trainer,there is a lady who works at bodyline I guess she is a high level competitor and I hope to be able to afford her.

All Natural
    Thanks for the advice needsize, it is greatly appreciated!

My advice would be as follows:

1- start dieting for the show right now, you are way too fat, even at 4-5 months out. As a result, you've got your work cut out for you, that's for sure. You need to be well under 10% 12wks out to have any chance at retaining most of your muscle, being ripped and hard on show date. Period. The body just doesn't change well that fast. Starting heavier you can get down there, yup, but, you will be skinny and you won't be hard. This is especially important because you are well over the optimal height for a bodybuilder. This is a BIG genetic disadvantage you have for bodybuilding competition.

2- Get a knowledgable contest prep advisor. It will be worth whatever you pay. If you find a good one, thier first advice will be #1 above.

All Natural
    Originally posted by Stillgoing
    My advice would be as follows:

1- start dieting for the show right now, you are way too fat, even at 4-5 months out. As a result, you've got your work cut out for you, that's for sure. You need to be well under 10% 12wks out to have any chance at retaining most of your muscle, being ripped and hard on show date. Period. The body just doesn't change well that fast. Starting heavier you can get down there, yup, but, you will be skinny and you won't be hard. This is especially important because you are well over the optimal height for a bodybuilder. This is a BIG genetic disadvantage you have for bodybuilding competition.

2- Get a knowledgable contest prep advisor. It will be worth whatever you pay. If you find a good one, thier first advice will be #1 above.
    What do you think I should keep my protein, carb, and fat intakes at?

And what is your input on daily cardio regimine?

Originally posted by Juiced2theGills

What do you think I should keep my protein, carb, and fat intakes at?

And what is your input on daily cardio regimine?
    This is a tough call. Thats why a contest prep advisor would be critical. Also, make sure you get someone that has worked successfully with tall guys if you can. We are harder to get ready (I'm 6'2 and used to compete).

For me, again I'm a tall guy too, and the body type that gains mass well, but also fat (ecto endo I never logged those definitions into the old memory banks!!). To stay lean I have to go low carbs and to get and keep size I need lots of protein. I also need cardio. Right now I run around 450 grams of protein, 100grams of carbs and a fair amount of fat. Red meat is critical for size. I also do cardio 4x per week.

I would say run 400-450gr protein, 200-250 in carbs and moderate fat. Very clean diet. A couple cheat meals per week max. I'd start cardio 4x per week. Now some may really disagree with this, its what I would do only. Again, find an advisor. My point was though, in my opinion, you don't have any time to waste in lowering bf and maintaining muscle. At 264 and 18%, your only holding 216pds of muscle at 6'4. You can't afford to lose muscle.

At the squat rack, on the bike or right behind your woman
    Originally posted by Stillgoing

At 264 and 18%, your only holding 216pds of muscle at 6'4. You can't afford to lose muscle.
    Technically, its 216 lbs of non-fat since that number includes the skeletal system, internal organs, skin, etc.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Intel Core i7-2600K | Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8Z68-V board | Corsair Obsidian 650 case | CORSAIR Pro HX650 | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 | GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870 1GB | Intel 510 120GB SSD | WD Green 640GB | Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM LED | Ubuntu Linux