Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are added sugars included in total Carbs?

PickMe69

Are added sugars (such as dextrose and HFCS) included in the total carb count?

I read this:
"Sugars: No daily reference value has been established for sugars because no recommendations have been made for the total amount to eat in a day. Keep in mind, the sugars listed on the Nutrition Facts label include naturally occurring sugars (like those in fruit and milk) as well as those added to a food or drink. Check the ingredient list for specifics on added sugars.
Take a look at the Nutrition Facts label for the two yogurt examples. The plain yogurt on the left has 10g of sugars, while the fruit yogurt on the right has 44g of sugars in one serving.
Now look below at the ingredient lists for the two yogurts. Ingredients are listed in descending order of weight (from most to least). Note that no added sugars or sweeteners are in the list of ingredients for the plain yogurt, yet 10g of sugars were listed on the Nutrition Facts label. This is because there are no added sugars in plain yogurt, only naturally occurring sugars (lactose in the milk).
Plain Yogurt - contains no added sugars
ucm079052.gif

Fruit Yogurt - contains added sugars
ucm079050.gif

If you are concerned about your intake of sugars, make sure that added sugars are not listed as one of the first few ingredients. Other names for added sugars include: corn syrup, high-fructose corn syrup, fruit juice concentrate, maltose, dextrose, sucrose, honey, and maple syrup."
-from the governments website on how to read nutrition labels.

It seems as if it should be included. I'm hoping they scientifcally test the entire food after processing in a calorimeter, but I don't know exactly how the testing for food calories works.

Yes it is included in the total carbohydrate value per serving bro. You will generally find the total carb value will be higher than the one with no added sugar, thats how you will know it has been taken into account. Hope this answers your question.

Appreciate it man, yah I looked more into it only to realize I was WAY overthinking this whole thing haha

Haha dw bro I was the same way its always better to look into stuff for urself than just take peoples opinions that way you know youve got legit info :)

Top Bottom