Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

about insulin spike of foods and fatt loss @@!!

missyd143

umm im just wondering guys how many grams of sugar for it to actually cause an insulin spike thus stoppin fat loss ? is 1 or 2 grams enuff to halt fat burning and raise insulin or is it 4 or 5 sugars? i dont think 1 gram will be enuff to break down ,,even if it comes from natural sugar

the is really no set amount for an insulin spike. Each gram of sugar rises your insulin. 1-2g is nothing to worry about but when you start getting into the 20's and 30's is when you need to start worrying. It also has alot to do with your weight and body compostion.

Oh let me guess, would those be the carbs that you might find in a couple tablespoons of cool whip? :p

missyd143 said:
umm im just wondering guys how many grams of sugar for it to actually cause an insulin spike thus stoppin fat loss ? is 1 or 2 grams enuff to halt fat burning and raise insulin or is it 4 or 5 sugars? i dont think 1 gram will be enuff to break down ,,even if it comes from natural sugar

I've seen studies that point to the set amount of 6carbs from which 2-3 are sugars, seem to cause a raise in insulin levels...keep in mind a raise and a SPIKE are two different things. Relax my friend, and don't worry....a little sugar never killed anyone or has it? lol :D

Mr.X :cool:

I agree with Dngu047. I think that people worry so much about insulin. Calories count more than anything, to me. If calories are below maintenance, I don't think that you could possibly put on fat--look at the rice eaters on Survivor. I think controlling insulin helps control hunger, though. But this is just my theory. I really would like someone who has tried diets of the same total calorie, one low-glycemic or low carb, and the other high carb/high glycemic, to tell me the results of each.

Oh, and in terms of glycemic index, sugar isn't nearly as bad as potatoes. So does that mean we should eat candy instead of baked potatoes?

Top Bottom