Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

? about Ground Meat not less than 80%

Shinobi

I bought some ground meat that says on the label "Not less than 80%"
Is that ok to eat? It was fucking cheap! 0,89$ a pound!
What u guys think?

"Not less than 80%" = there could be as much as 20% fat !

certainly cheap but way too much fat (and saturated fat :mad:)
you'd better avoid it if you're not bulking

...technical issue.... sorry !

I mean "saturated fat :mad: "

that shit is always cheap. You should buy ground sirloin. It maybe has 7% fat but more like 5%. I get mine from a butcher shop- it's cheap too. 2.30 or something a lb.

Iwan2bsolid2 said:
that shit is always cheap. You should buy ground sirloin. It maybe has 7% fat but more like 5%. I get mine from a butcher shop- it's cheap too. 2.30 or something a lb.

i got to bread and circus and get 93%(or was it 98? _) lean ground beef. Good stuff. A good way to tell is if the meat looks very red..

How can I drain off the fat?!?? I usually press it on the ground meat after I cook it on those spaghetti drainers but probably that is a better way. What u guys usually do or do u guys have a better idea?

Try browning your Ground Beef then rinse it in Hot water in a collander, it rinses Much of the unwanted fat out.

80% lean ground beef is great, except for the risk that it can come from sick cattle. Its estimated 25% of ground beef can come from sick/diseased animals. If you know they ground it themselves from the grocery store and its fresh then go for it. Saturated fat should be your main source of energy, after all, people have VERY little storage capability for carbs, but have unlimited ability to store fat, your PRIMARY energy source, if u just allow it to happen. Do this by cutting out carbs and eating protein and fat. After all, excess carbs are stored as body fat, u know what type, saturated fat, the energy u r meant to run on. But if you eat it, u have to cut out your carbs, at least below 100g a day, b/c high carbs and high fat will just make you fat. By the way, great price, where'd u find it that cheap at?

Top Bottom