Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AAS and ketogenic diet

latona

Hi,

Does it make sense to use a ketogenic diet while on AAS? On the one hand, I've read that a ketogenic diet is the best way to lose fat. On the other hand, I have also read that you can't train intensely on a ketogenic diet, so it seems like you wouldn't be able to maximize the advantages of steroids. My primary goal right now is to lose about 10-15 lbs of fat over the next 8 weeks, if possible.

thank you.

man

It depends where your bodyfat is now and what your body deems as "natural".
From my experience whne most people hit about 10% thats when they need anabolic assistance to keep muscle.

You should have no problem getting down to 12% and below without anabolics(losing muscle). Some with genetics can hit way lower, but most of us cannot.

So if you are starting out high, save the anabolics for later. Diet and eca will do just fine.

Sorry, I should have given more information about myself. I've been on a low- fat diet for about three months. I started at 15% bf and I've been stuck at 11-12% for the last four weeks. I train intensely 3days/wk and do 45 minutes - 1 hour of cardio 4days/wk. I have also been using an ECA stack for the past 3 weeks. thanks.

Last edited:
umm

11-12% from 15% after 3 months?

WIth cardio?

Really its hard to tell you didn't post your diet. but what the hell you are at 11% you can hit the anabolics up and get shredded.

You should be able to drop some calories and might still gain a few lbs of muscle. Try fina, winny or anavar(no need for more than one unless you are trying for 4% bodyfat). Drop the cardio for the first 2 weeks and concentrate on lifting and diet. IMO a person can get down to 8% or therabout without cardio. After 8% to get shredded you need cardio it is a must.

You really want to get shredded try a fat fast for the first 2 weeks and I bet you would be around 8% when all is said and done. I wouldn't stay on the fat fast longer than 2 weeks. Just a little something to throw your diet to the next level.

Its basically a no carb, low calorie(1200-1500) diet with only essential fats. you meet all you protein requirements and with anabolics have no muscle loss. The fat flies off. 2 weeks wont affect your metabolism that much and when you come off continue to eat clean and up the calories for the rest of your cycle, you should put on some LBM and look even more shredded.

if you know what you are doing you can safely go down to 8% without worrying about loosing muscle mass, throw in some glucose disposals (ALA primarily) and you can go down lower, keto is a great diet to use to maintain muscle while loosing body fat however not every1 can quickly get into ketosis and stay there.

When AS are not used while dieting, you MUST make sure your diet is Perfect, with that in mind you can diet down to a nice six pack without loosing muscle

Re: umm

me2dammit said:
11-12% from 15% after 3 months?

WIth cardio?

. . .

You really want to get shredded try a fat fast for the first 2 weeks and I bet you would be around 8% when all is said and done. I wouldn't stay on the fat fast longer than 2 weeks. Just a little something to throw your diet to the next level.

yes. I was 220, 15% and I'm down to 210, 11%. That's a loss of 9 lbs over 12 weeks, or an average of <1lb/wk. I was eating btwn 2500 and 3000 cals/day.

The fat fast diet sounds intriguing. Do you know of any links to more information about it? Is sounds like a variation of the atkins diet.

yeah

do a search at testosterone.net.

I guess you can say its a superlow calorie atkins diet without all the fat. Its meant to drop fat quick and over a short period of time. Not intended for you to stay on that long.

Top Bottom