Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

80g protein per day

KaneceJimy

I was planning to take two shakes a day, in the morning after work out and at night after cardio which is what I do before bed, if I take two shakes of 40 gm each one, will my body be able to absorb it all? .
I heard your body just process certain amount of protein a day, true?

I am doing my masters in sports nutrition. I have no idea where all these weird rules come from but they have no scientific background backing them what so ever.

Your body absolutely can absorb 50-60g protein per meal. If you are a 200 pound guy trying to get 1.5g of protein per pound of body weight, that is 300g of protein per day. If you eat 6 meals, that works out to 50g of protein per meal.

Most whey isolates have around 24-27g protein per 30g scoop. I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. A 30g scoop has 27g protein. 2 scoops gives me 54g protein and hits the 50-60g protein per meal requirement perfectly.

You will have no problem with that. Ideally you are eating much more protein throughout the day in the form of lean meats and eggs.

The 20-30g of protein per meal rule is BS that was invented by supplement companies who made portions of their protein of such size.

Your body can break down much higher quantities than that. That being said - you are safe to take 40g of protein per time.

Top Bottom