Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

8 cups of water too much a day? WTF?

Clean

Me and this deusche at work were talking about how much water we drink a day, and I told him I get in at LEAST a gallon. He then starts telling me that if you drink too much water you can die because of it diluting your blood, and I say I know but you would have to drink a good amount of water and not eat anything blah blah blah.

He also said that 8 cups of water a day was too much and I could die, especially if I am working out. I was like are you retarded?

He said he read in some running magazine that it's bad to drink that much.
I told him that 8 cups is the general recommended intake for normal people. He's like, "yeh but it's too much." OMG.

He said marathon runners die from that, and I assured him I will not be running any marathons any time soon.

I don't know where this is going, but he is a deusche and pissed me off.

Reactions: mcr
The reason marathon runners die (I don't even know if they die, but I know the condition he's talking about). Anyway, the reason marathon runners can get sick is because they drink a ton of water and than run a marathon, aka, never stop to piss.

It's not like a weekend marathon runner, working in an office on a random Tuesday, just drops dead at the water fountain.

Just look at marathon runners. Do they look healthy? They look like shit! They are obviously not great specimens of fitness and health. They are activity specific athletes. They can only run a long ways, they have little strength, they have no musculature and generally just look emaciated and unhealthy. I HATE MARATHONERS! One gallon of water per day is the MINIMYM in my opinion. It allows all the nutrients you consume to be properly absorbed which aids in muscle hypertrophy and aids in fat loss by speeding your matabolism and causing you to piss alot. When fat is burned it needs to leave the body as heat or energy. Pissing is the single best escape for it so more water=more fat loss. You would have to drink many gallons of water per day to "die". If your co-worker is a marathoner you should have bitch slapped him and told him maybe if he drank more water he wouldn't be such a pussy and would be able to do something about it.

There was actually an article about this in last months' Oxygen...basically, as long as you're replacing SODIUM that you also lose via sweat, you can drink as much water as you darn well please. Most of us replace sodium lost with the foods we eat (or sports drinks) anyway so it's really nothing to worry about.

poopmonkey said:
It's not like a weekend marathon runner, working in an office on a random Tuesday, just drops dead at the water fountain.

LMAO

Clean, you were right to begin with, you have to drink a TON of water VERY QUICKLY to die from it

in a frat haze stunt here in dallas a few months ago, they made some guys chug like 5 or 6 gallons of water nonstop, even while they were vomiting and everything, one kid had his brain swell up and was in a coma for a few months.

Bran987 said:
LMAO

Clean, you were right to begin with, you have to drink a TON of water VERY QUICKLY to die from it

in a frat haze stunt here in dallas a few months ago, they made some guys chug like 5 or 6 gallons of water nonstop, even while they were vomiting and everything, one kid had his brain swell up and was in a coma for a few months.

yeh man this guy was a douche, or however you spell it. He smokes a lot of weed and that's about all he does...

Man that hazing stunt is pretty bad, we have our incidents here on campus as well. A few months ago an active hit a pledge in the face with a shovel :xeye:

FigureSkater said:
There was actually an article about this in last months' Oxygen...basically, as long as you're replacing SODIUM that you also lose via sweat, you can drink as much water as you darn well please. Most of us replace sodium lost with the foods we eat (or sports drinks) anyway so it's really nothing to worry about.

If you lost that much sodium you would be getting severe muscle cramps and would know that something wasn't right.

I also drink at least a gallon of water a day, and being that we are 70% water I don't think it is possible to ever have enough, unless someone shoved a water hose down your throat.

You just piss out what you can't use, I hope any ways I would hate to die over excess water...lol. :rose:

Top Bottom