Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

7 Weeks to a Shredded ME!...

SgtSlaughter

Ok... this is the FIRST time cutting/dieting EVER. I've never really cared to do it. But since I bulked the right way for the first time the past months (september I think i started upping everything) I've decided to stop a little short so I look decent on a cruise the end of Feb.

7 Weeks Left... Started cutting calories the end of last week... it SUCKS, usually I didn't care what I ate as long as I ate a LOT, dirty bulk indeed. I don't nessesarily have too much input on what is bought for food... full time student, full time work as well though, could go on forever.. anyway...

It's kind of a trial by fire for me... it's not going to make or break me, but i'm sticking to it and going to see what I can do in 7 weeks for this trip without being tooooooo unhealthy about it.

OH another HUGE issue/concern is Maintaining muscle! Tips appreciated with K of course ;)

Any intellegent tips from some good bros and broetts would be awesome!!

Thanks.

- SGT

Wrote this guide a month ago and have been passig it on to ppl=

If energy out is bigger then energy in the result is fatloss...
The more muscle you have the faster your metabolism...

First find out your needed macro nutrients:

http://michaelandkendra.com/BMRCALC/bmrcalc.htm

Once you have found out how much nutrition you actually need read on.

Eating

Combine 6 meals into your daily eating plan, these 6 meals should be spaced out and eaten every 2 1/2- 3 hours that you are awake. Each meal should consist of a protein, carbohydrates and essential fatty acids. Follow this rule for every meal EXCEPT for your last meal as you don't need carbs and efa's while sleeping.
When it comes to carbohydrates there is another simple rule:

Wake up - 3pm: Starchy and complex carbs
3pm - Sleep: Fibrous carbs

Simply because when you wake up you need energy! Your body feels deprived while sleeping you may not feel it but its a fact 6-8 hours with out sleeping can do this. So eat the starchy and complex carbs until 3pm after this time have the Fibrous carbs so that you are not taking in too much energy and not using it.

What's good?

Protein
-tuna
-salmon
-chicken breast
-egg whites
-lean beef
-turkey breast

Carbohydrates
Starchy and complex
-yams
-sweet potato
-potato
-brown rice
-oats
-wheat or whole grains

Fibrous
-Green vegetables

Note: Stay away from refined carbs exp. White bread

Essential fatty acids

-Flax seed oil
-Fish oil
-avacado
-Salmon
-nuts
-seeds

Some info needed to know on eating

Most people in the know how will often say "The food that goes into your mouth is worth 80% of your whole dieting plan" Basically meaning the food you eat is the main reason for you losing or putting on fat... the other 20% is cardio and lifting.
It is essential that you have carbs with your protein as the carbs raise an insulin spike helping you digest the protein and the efa will help with testosrone production which is essential in building muscle.
Drink A LOT of water a day... 8+ cups a day the more the better, your body needs the water to help clean your system. Your body will also be able to detect and flush out water when its not needed. Try drinking cold water, drinking ice cold water through the day makes your body use energy to heat it up before it can be digested, 200 calories are achievable.
Carbs and Fats are what gives you energy in the gym to lift weights or to run a mile. Protein it self cannot fuel you.. 1g of protein per pound of body weight is needed to help in muscle repairs and management. So dont skimp on the protein it's essential.

Cycling

Your body is smart, it can detect when you are starving it... so obviously starving your body is the wrong way to go in losing weight, because as soon as your body detects its in starvation mode it will cling on to all the energy it has and in result your metabolism will be much slower... HOWEVER something you can do is cycling it..

This is when you eat a lower amount of calories for a few days and then a slighly higher amount before the body detects you are skimping on calories.

Exp..
Say your daily needed calories where: 2000

You would cycle like this:

Monday: 1700
Tuesday: 1700
Wednesday: 1700
Thursday: 2200
Friday: 1700
Saturday: 1700
Sunday: 2100

You have just cycled off 1200 calories (3500 calories in a pound)

Now tracking calories might be a pain in the ass, but is needed. Track them or stack them!

1g of fat: 9 calories

1g of carbs: 4 calories

1g of protein: 4 calories

1g of alcohol: 7 calories

Heres a useful link in helping you track calories:

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/

Workout and eating

When working out there is a way to make the results come in better.

Straight after your workout your muscles are burning and craving protein with that said slam down an Protein shake(can be considered as part of your 6 meals)... make sure it is a whey protein ISOLATE type as it's fast absorbing.. mix it with water for faster absorption as milk has casein in it which is digested slower.
1 hour after your post workout shake have a solid meal.

Last points on eating:
The only way YOU will stay on your diet is by making it enjoyable don't be worried about not following it point by point, experiment a bit, try new things... and weight your self weekly if improvements are showing: continue if not just try something new.. not everyone is the same, some things will work for you but some things won't work for an other..
Have a cheat meal once a week... keep it in moderation don't have a MASSIVE meal but have a portioned meal..

Remember keep the eating clean, simple and enjoyable...

Cardio

A simple rule to follow the more energy you burn up the more fat you will lose.

220 minus your age will equal your maximum heart rate.

If you are dramatically overweight you may not be able to do as much cardio as the lighter fellow.. start of slow and try to build up.

Try building up to exercising for 45 minutes @ 70-85% of your max hr

Recommended cardio:

-running
-Elliptical (no joint impact)
-cycling
-rowing
-skipping rope
-power walking

basically anything that will raise your hr and get you into a sweat is good cardio...

Since this is a simple way of losing weight thread i will not go into HIIT training.

Training

Eveyone is diferent so won't be going into detail about weight training..
Here are some links to solid weight routines

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...orkoutPrograms

End words:
Putting on weight was a slow process so it would be delusional thinking that losing weight would be a faster one... Stay motivated and strong and you will lose the weight and gain a solid body.
Good luck with it...

WOW: http://michaelandkendra.com/BMRCALC/bmrcalc.htm

the calculators are amazing! Quite the wake up call though :evil:

A few pounds gone already (some water yes)... Don't think I'll be where I want in 6 weeks, but this is going to be a learning experience... I have plenty of time to experiment before summer for sure. No more bulking til' September, lol.

- SGT

Wow. Great bro. Thanks for the info. This will really help for me to cut up this upcoming summer.

Well, I'll follow the Hulk's guide with my own insignificant point:

If your program is in tune, then an important part of maintaining mass is to get enough rest. Also a good anti-oxident can help, especially this time of year.

Gross Loss as of last week: 12.5 lbs.

The mirror says the loss is mostly fat and I assume some water.

Strength is quite stable... was able to rep out 65's (db's) for a last, torturous set for my chest routine.

On Track! Today I gave in and started doing cardio this morning... did HIIT for about 1.5 miles total (treadmill for 1mile and went to eliptical for shits and giggles... then down the the bike to cool down).

Cardio in the morning was the quickest way I lost muscle mass imaginable...never again!

Let's see some pics?

Top Bottom