Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5x5 workout any good?

IIIBASEIII

Hey guys so I was recommended the 5x5 workout routine,my goal is to gain as much body weight as I can and generally bulk up (I'm weighing 167lb at 6'3") looking at the 5x5 workout I'm a bit skeptical, firstly it seems like not enough and also there's no bi or tri in there at all! Has anyone done this workout before? Is it worth doing?

It's a great program for building a solid base. Many have added plenty of Mass using it. Just hare to eat properly. As far as bis, tris, etc. They will get a pretty good workout with all the compound movements. Some people add accessories and if you have time its ok but as the weights get heavier and the rests gets longer between sets it could make for a long workout and could be a little much for you. Use the search on here and check out peoples 5*5 logs. Also Zed is the resident 5*5 expert so find him and ask about it.....he should be able answer all your questions.

I plan on going back to this soon after I finish running out the one I'm on now.

Ok thanks yeah il have a read through some logs I think I'm Gunna start it this week i may put a tri and bi session in there somwhere see hoe it goes hey I've got nothing to loose and everything to gain!

Ok thanks yeah il have a read through some logs I think I'm Gunna start it this week i may put a tri and bi session in there somwhere see hoe it goes hey I've got nothing to loose and everything to gain!

Exactly....have you gone to stronglifts.com? They have a template for you and set weights for you to start at. Want to start a little light so you don't stall out early.

Yh I have and got a basic outline of what I'm going to do! I've been doing pyramid going 12 10 8 upping the weight each set for the last few months and need a change

I started the 5x5 workout about a month and a 1/2 ago. I was stalled on gains and looking to shake things up a bit. I have really liked it a lot. As Mondster says it really does build a good base and you start to see strength gains pretty quick.

As for biceps/triceps, I have tried to incorporate them into non heavy or off days. Doing a 5x5 with bench, squat, deadlifts for example is a heavy day. Good luck!

Hey guys just a quick update on how things are going its been nearly 6 months and weight is up by a stone (now weighing 76kg) woo hoo!! Lol loving the 5x5 workout although I have thrown tri and bi in there too strength is up also really happy thanks a lot for the advice

Oh just thought I'd mention I lost a lot of weight after having surgery in August so I'm pretty much back t where I was lost a stone then gained it back lol hmmmm still things are going good and I would recommend 5x5 to anyone

Top Bottom