Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

From 30g Carbs to Unlimited Carbs

Liberator

Some guy I know whos been training a long long long time and knows a hell of a lot about dieting, dieting for shows etc etc from his own experience swears blind that if I drop carbs to 30 for two days and then immediately switch back to my original bulking diet IMMEDIATELY after (no gradual carb up, just throw in unlimited carbs) this will shock my metabolism and cause a growth spurt. I would carb deplete on thurs/fri - training days, carb up on bulking diet sat - sun (rest days).

I keep telling him that all it will do is give me a fat growth spurt but he swears it will add muscle aswell

what do you think? yay or nay?

The last thing I want is to add more fat, Ive been bulking to the calorie, in an attempt to keep as much fat off as possible and so far its working and I am gaining muscle very nicely.

Dear Liberator,

I use 3/1 for bulking. 3days with 20 carbs or less (65%fat/35%protein) and 1 day of HIGH-GI carbs/low-fat (carbs=weight x 8). Although, I have seen people do 2 days off and 5 on, none of these people seemed to show great results. Again, bodytype/genetics/training/"supplements" will have a big factor that play on this type of diet, and, yes, everyone is different. So, while this diet might do wonders for your friend, it might just do nothing at all for you. Test it out, it's the best way to see.

Mr.X :cool:

Thanks for your reply Mr.X

What are the benefits of this over a standard gradual bulking diet? Is it purely psychological

Does this enable you to drop fat and gain muscle, or does it exist purely to shock your metabolism?

I did not think you could force muscle growth through manipulation of your metabolism

It works by depleting the muscle glycogen, and then,
lo-and-behold loading the muscle with a high amounts of glycogen. This stimulates the process called SuperCompensation, which is supposed to be "anabolic", but all I have to say is, to each his own.

Yes, this type of cycling will help thyroid function. But, not I do not think you can drop fat in 2 days.

Yeah I understand the glycogen depletion etc but I did not know this caused an anabolic reaction

I will give this a try

Thanks !!

hey mr x.... lets also keep in mind the term that you used that he overlooked....

"supplements"

your timing and probable use of insulin would be different since I am sure he's not using insulin...

Cozmokramer,

I think insulin is not the only "supplement" that aids the anabolic effect of supercompensation. Although, Dan Duchaine believed that the anabolic effect can be achieved naturally, I see this as only a theory. Because, in my view, insulin and anabolics have to be added to supercompensation in order to achieve a true super-anabolic effect, not just glucose and water loading into the muscle--which is simular to what creatine does. (which can cause growth)

Top Bottom