Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

250g of protein for bulk

Bryan-RPM

guys is 250 g a day enough for bulk? I'm a skinny guys in the process of getting weight and mass but 400 g a day which is recommended for bulk is too much for me, at leats is 250 g enough to start with and then increase my intake slowly? thank you.

1gram of protein per lb of body weight is ample when calories are in excess.

It's when you're in a deficit that you want to bump protein up to 1.5-2grams/lb body weight.

the protein myth started in the 80's and 90's by supplement companies trying to jam whey protein down people's throats. we keep being told you need crazy amounts of protein. i saw one guy on a forum one time say he gets 500g a day of protein, that is absurd

i agree with zinergy. 1g per pound of bw is plenty

remember in the US we already get a ton of protein, what we don't get enough of is sleep, vitamins, minerals and we are too fucking stressed out!

Your protein and calorie intake depends on your body weight and goals. 1-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight is optimal.

Check out this video I made on how to calculate your calorie, protein, fat and carb intake based on your goals -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...s/nutrition-101-carbs-proteins-fat-46427.html

A rough estimate to determine how many calories you need is to multiply your body weight (in pounds) by 15. That will give you the amount of calories needed to maintain your current body weight. If your goal is to gain weight, multiply your body weight by 17-18. If your goal is to loose weigh, multiply your body weight by 12-13.
For example, a 200 pound person would need 3000 calories to maintain his weight (200 x 15 = 3000).

Once you have determined your calorie needs. Set your protein intake. A good number to shoot for is:
1-1.5 grams of protein/pound of body weight

Once you have set your protein intake, fill the rest of your calorie intake with carbohydrates and fat.

Here is an example of a good quality lean mass diet:

There's a video on youtube with George Farah regarding Kai's pre contest meal prep, He only had him eating about 200-250grams of protein daily.

So if you think you need more than that you're probably wrong.

I aim for 1g of protein per lb body weight as my minimum. If you go up to 1.5g then no problem. I don't think you will really see a huge difference going any higher than that.

Top Bottom