Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2008 Competition Prep and Training

Tatyana

Elite Mentor
I thought I would start a new journal as it is no longer my offseason.

In my 'Tat's don't get fat off season journal' I have some pretty detailed examples of diet, including how I came off a very low carb/keto diet.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/w...s-don-t-get-fat-offseason-journal-573095.html

I have also posted the power/rep range/shock workout from Eric Brosser (pro-natural BBer) that I followed.

My coach has me on a very similar training routine now.

P/RR/S training http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/7766688-post12.html

I have promised not to post details of what we are doing for my comp prep, so some of what I am doing is not going to be very detailed.

I started dieting around January 8th, and it has taken me awhile to get into the swing of dieting.

I am dieting with carbs, it is actually a really simple simple diet, it doesn't take long to prepare, which is brilliant, I will be dieting for quite some time this season.

There are also foods in the diet that I can eat in a lot of places, which will make travelling easier. So for example, 3 shredded wheat, all I need to do is a add a wee bit of protein.

The other thing I wanted to add is that I am not eating very much whey protein either. My protein is coming from animal sources, mainly meat, and a lot of different types of meat.

As the amount that I am eating is quite small in each meal, I have decided to go organic whenever possible. There is not a huge amount of price difference really with most things.

Training has been awesome, and I have a heavy lifting week min once every three weeks, more commonly every two weeks.

Periodising/mixing up my training has really worked and my lifts have gone up. I don't do one rep maxes, and my reps are never below 6 with heavy weeks.

Squat 100 kg/220 lb

Leg Press 240 kg/528 lb

Deadlift 70 kg/154 lb

Bench 50 kg/110 lb

Military Press 40 kg/88 lb

Bent over rows 60 kg/132 lb

Most of my training is with free weights, and I have a great training partner without whom, working with some of these weights would not be possible.

My diet is 1793 kcal/day, high protein and carbs, low fat.

Most of my fat is coming from animal sources, tuna factors quite strongly in my diet as well.

I am loving my training, heavy weeks don't take long. Last night we hammered legs in 20-25 min.

I am always looking for ways to maximise natural growth release, and taking a very short break between reps is another way to increase intensity.

Intense exercise, in particular resistance/weights, is one known trigger for growth, as is deep sleep, lower calories, and a few amino acids, including arginine.

I also think that dieting naturally is about manipulating insulin levels, it is a really anabolic hormone, and the effect of insulin for feeding muscles amino acids is highly favoured as your body fat drops.

I have to take progress pics every two weeks, so I will post a few on occasion.

These were from last Friday, Jan 18th.

There are quite a few things I need to work on including

1. Dropping bodyfat, I am around 20% right now

2. Bringing up my lats for a better X-shape

3. I have some asymmetry I need to sort out

4. Bringing up my calves a bit, making sure they are symmetrical (I had an injury last year, more sweep on my quads.

5. Posing, quarter turns, lat spread is diabolically bad, front and back, as is my abs and thighs

Lee92.jpg

p10100242.jpg

Lee16.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2008 Competition Preparation

Thanks hun,

I have to send in progress reports to my coach, so I will post it here as well.

Training has been awesome, it is not taking much time at all. And all my lifts are going up as well.

:heart:

OOOO shit its on now. I will keep up with this thread tat. I really want to root you on for this one.

So I did some cardio tonight.

I haven't done ANY for months, but I am not going to start burning the fat off without it.

20 min before training (I tricked my training buddy by giving him a MD mag to read while we 'warmed up'), and 30 min after training.

Now that it is getting lighter out as well, the walk to and from work from the train station is also becoming appealing again (about 15 min up or down the hill).

I forgot how great it is to diet with carbs.

As much as I loved eating nuts and peanut butter, I do think that carbs are the way to go.

I got WEAK on the low carb diet, no energy to train, and without the intense training, I will lose too much muscle.

AND my lifts keep going up. They kept dropping when I was low carb dieting.

50 kg/110 lb on the bench still, but reps are up, and I am not struggling nearly as much.

I also did 24 kg/53 lb dumbells on incline bench tonight, 32 kg/70 lb on E-Z curl bicep curls.

All of this is after pre-exhausting the muscle as well.

The things I really do have to watch are getting enough sleep and drinking enough water.

Good luck :) Beginning pictures look great. Your lifting numbers are awesome too.

Thanks everyone :)

I am really happy tonight as I have created a complete convert to the bodybuilding lifestyle :)

I work with her, and one night when we were handing over on-call, she expressed her complete frustration that NOTHING was working for her with losing weight.

She was running and cycling LOADS, and eating quite healthy as well.

I told her to stop the cardio and start lifting, and gave her a basic routine.

This was about 6 weeks before Christmas, and in the last three weeks, she got the confidence to stop training in her house and joined a gym.

She even has a few training buddies already, has bought creatine, whey protein and is happy her body is sore most of the time.

We trained together tonight in her gym. It is a little gym attached to a school, small but has a lot of the basics (and loads of cardio equipment).

Her training buddies have seen some of my pics on this site, and had a lot of questions.

She did my training routine, and really loved it (back and tris tonight).

This was the funny bit.

When we first started training, EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE in the gym stopped to watch. Even the manager.

It got really out of control when I started to do bent over rows, there was actually a semi-circle around me.

I am quite good at keeping focused when training, so I didn't let it phase me but it was amusing.

I guess bodybuilders, and especially female bodybuilders are quite an anomally in some gyms.

AND I did cardio after even though I really really really didn't want to.

We went shopping after, and it was quite easy for me to spot some of the problems in her diet.

She had thought she wasn't eating any sugar, but she hadn't been reading any of the ingredients.

Needless to say, she was absolutely shocked when I pointed out that some of the stir-fry sauces she had been using had 40 g of plain unadulterated sugar in them.

Then for amusement, we also checked the ingredients on the 'healthy' low fat yogurts that so many women love to eat when dieting.

Most of the little individual pots has at least 16 g of sugar in them.

The supermarkets in the UK often have health food sections in them (and this Tesco's superstore even has a health shop in it with BBing supplements), so we found some healthy clean cheats, no sugar, just real food.

It was awesome, so many people do ask for advice, most never do anything with it.

Tatyana said:
So I did some cardio tonight.

I haven't done ANY for months, but I am not going to start burning the fat off without it.

20 min before training (I tricked my training buddy by giving him a MD mag to read while we 'warmed up'), and 30 min after training.

Now that it is getting lighter out as well, the walk to and from work from the train station is also becoming appealing again (about 15 min up or down the hill).

I forgot how great it is to diet with carbs.

As much as I loved eating nuts and peanut butter, I do think that carbs are the way to go.

I got WEAK on the low carb diet, no energy to train, and without the intense training, I will lose too much muscle.

AND my lifts keep going up. They kept dropping when I was low carb dieting.

50 kg/110 lb on the bench still, but reps are up, and I am not struggling nearly as much.

I also did 24 kg/53 lb dumbells on incline bench tonight, 32 kg/70 lb on E-Z curl bicep curls.

All of this is after pre-exhausting the muscle as well.

The things I really do have to watch are getting enough sleep and drinking enough water.
I hear you on the sleep problem. Water is never a problem for me though. Its all I drink all day with maybe a black coffee here and there.

Btw go drink some water.

Top Bottom