Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2008 Competition Prep and Training

Re: 2008 Competition Preparation

Tatyana said:
p10101272.jpg

can i keep this one? ;)

good to hear everything is going well tat

Things just seem to be going slow, but comp prep, especially for natties does mean dieting 20-24 weeks, that is nearly 6 months.

I want to be ripped NOW :)

I can't really expect it though as my cardio has not been consistent, nor will it be for the next few weeks.

What is doing my head in at times is that my weight is still stable (or increasing), and my bodyfat is stable/decreasing.

As a girl, I notice how much I want to see the numbers on the scale go down, and really, when you are bodybuilding, the numbers on the scale are going to go up.

Training is good though.

Legs yesterday, and my lifts are going up. Still holding back a wee bit from my back pull, it is psychological now.

Cybex Leg Press 240 kg/528 lb (need more weight)

Cybex hack squat 220 lb/484 lb (again, could go heavier)

Hammerstrength Leg extension - plate loading 15 kg/33 lb/side

Stiff leg dead lifts 60 kg/132 lb (could go heavier)

I also did three exercises for shoulders, all in about 35 min.

I was very sweaty and out of breath.

This week I have moved into my week of something like German high volume training.

This is an example of German high volume training:

Monday
Dumbbell Bench Press 10 x 10
Chin-up 10 x 10

Wednesday
Squats 10 x 10
Calf 5 x 10

Friday
Dips 10 x 10
Incline Dumbbell Curls 10 x 10

There are some great results when you switch up to high volume every now and then, besides the fact that the work-outs are really quick (take minimal rest break between sets).

A day later, and two hours of of the gym and my hamstrings are still a bit sore and I can still so feel my triceps (I did chest and biceps).

Looking great Tat.

just wondering ...whats your cardio like?

and

how often are you training abs?

:heart:

princesa said:
Looking great Tat.

just wondering ...whats your cardio like?

and

how often are you training abs?

:heart:

My cardio hasn't really started properly for this prep if the truth be know.

I had a good stint back in Feb/March when I was on hols, but since I have been back it is really 'lifestyle' cardio.

I don't drive, so I walk alot.

I have timed a lot of my meals so that my lunchtime is free, and I often walk to the town centre and back, usually to go grocery shopping, that is more or less 60-75 min of walking, with a few 'slow downs' while in the shops.

It is also a 15-20 min from the hospital to the train station (x2/day), and also about 15 min walk to my gym (I must admit, my training buddy picks me up a lot of the time, how bad is that).

Also abs, being honest, once a week to once every week and a half, max.

I will have to start being a bit more consistent, as I do really want them to get a wee bit thicker this year.

It is getting really nice out, and I live a block from the seafront/estuary, so I am going to start walking to the next train station down, or getting off the train early and walking home.

All in about two weeks, once my research project is more or less complete.

After three days off with a bit of cardio, I hit the gym yesterday.

In all honesty, I need the time to recover.

I had a great time, it was the same old-crew of lads that used to train late most nights, but we all haven't been in the gym at the same time for AGES.

My best gay friend is working in the gym again, so happy days. He is so fab, all the lads love him and he really does help making the gym a happy community.

There is also a new guy, and also properly into his training, as he really isn't chatting with anyone (yet, everyone does eventually if they are regulars in the gym).

I do love my gym.

High volume training with squats, OMG, my legs are MUSH today.

I used 60 kg/132 lbs, and I was only off the bar for 45 sec between sets, it probably did take another 5-15 to get set ready to squat.

Most of the sets only took about 35 sec.

I was breathless by the time I finished, and for some reason, I don't think my legs/glutes are done hurting.

Today I am working (this month has sucked for weekend on-call shifts, I think it has been 4 of the 5 weekends), so off.

Tomorrow, high volume for back and T-bar rows. I love'em. :)

OH my quads and glutes!!!!!!!!

I don't get DOMs all that often, but these ones were pretty good.

I think now, almost 48 hours later they are getting a little bit better, last night was a bit shocking.

I was pretty undignified in the gym today with the 10 x 10 t-bar rows, I really did have to grunt a lot of the sets out.

Started with 30 kg/66 lb on the olympic bar, by set 5 it was 25 kg/55 lb, and the last two sets were 20 kg/44 lb.

I am now 14 or 16 weeks out from my first qualifier for the BNBF, as I will either do the Central or the SE show.

I am going to have to get on the cardio properly, conditioning is all important in nattie shows.

poster08.gif

Last edited:

I don't have the dates for the NPA (nattie for life federation) yet, but I may also do one of these comps, they are like the NPC in the UK.

14th September
WELSH CHAMPIONSHIPS
Princess Royal Theatre, Port Talbot, Wales
Promoter: Mike Gelsei Telephone: 01443-217550 or 07949
Entry forms to: 105 Queens Drive, Llantwit Fardre,
Nr. Pontypridd, CF38 2NY

21st September
WEST MIDLANDS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Royal Spa Centre, Leamington Spa
Promoter: Clint Jones Telephone: 0247-6229269
Entry forms to: 42 Far Gosford Street, Coventry, CV1 5DW

28th September
MIDLANDS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Alexander Theatre, Birmingham
Promoter: Warren Dyson Telephone: 0121-3271994 or 0788
Entry forms to: 325 Tyburn Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B24
8HJ

5th October
NORTH EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS
Leeds Town Hall, Leeds
Promoter: Geoff Evans and John Plummer
Telephone: 01423-504516 or 07919285085
Entry forms to: Weider Publishing Ltd, 10 Windsor Court,

Finished off the high volume week yesterday with chest and biceps.

Had my training buddy, so I really PUSHED it.

We went to our other gym in Hadleigh, Tech Training, and while it is a hardcore BBing gym, still quite new, so no incline bench, so I had to use the smith machine.

I am loving my upper pec development, it is one of those areas that either seem to grow or not on people, and I have had to work hard to get any depth to the muscles there.

Today was heavy legs and it was an awesome workout.

When I see my weights going up, it does make me feel a lot better about the fact that my weight on the scale is not dropping (or going up in fact), while my bodyfat is stable or is slowly slowly dropping.

Cybex plate loading 45 degree leg press - 260 kg/573 lbs

That is 20 kg up on last time, and again, I could do more, I will whack on another 20 kg next time I do leg press. It does feel quite heavy when I first start off, but I think that just going for it is all part of the central nervous system adaptation to lifting heavy, there is that mind set thing.

Cybex hack squats (plate loading) 250 kg/550 lb

Again, up 30 kg, this felt heavy, but not that tough. I might keep the weight the same next time and make sure I am going quite deep, and then add another 20 kg the second time I do it.

Stiff leg dead lifts 80 kg/176 kg

This was heavy, I think the next time I do these, I will set up the cage rather than using the power rack, as I did have to get on my tiptoes to pull the weight on and off.

The thing I find odd about stiff leg dead lifts, it never seems like that much of a HUGE effort or hurt that much, until the next day, and then my glutes and hammies let me know about it.

Military press 36 kg/ 80 lbs

GOD this also works the abs

Bent over lateral raises 18 kg dumbells/40 kg

This one is a funny balance for me of keeping good form and going heavier.

I did a few other exercises, but nothing spectacular weight wise, and I also can't exactly remember what the weight was.

I do need to get a new training journal

BlueBird said:
Wow, those wts are impressive, Tat!

Thanks hun.

I was very lucky with my first proper training buddy.

He is one of the biggest and strongest lads in our gym. He often has to load the bar up with at least 4-20 kg/45 lb/plates per side, so it was SO much easier for us training together if I started lifting with 20 kg plates.

The second thing is really psychological. He really pushed me to try and lift weight that I never thought possible for me to lift, and I found out I was A LOT stronger than I thought.

Also as he was so big and strong, I also knew it was safe for me to push it, as my really heavy weights were often close to his warm up. :)

He also had me realise what intensity you need to train with to build muscle, and in all honesty, I don't even see that many men training that way.

Most do on occasion with their favourite body part, like chest or biceps, but they don't do it consistently with all body parts.

Top Bottom