Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2008 Competition Prep and Training

Re: 2008 Competition Preparation

8and20 said:
I pair chest and bi's as well. I am not a fan of chest myself. All those years of heavy bench caused me to get shoulder surgery last year. My other side will be due in a matter of time.

Love the pix! Was that guy your training partner? The one that parties every weekend and then cant lift on Monday? LOL

OOPS missed this.

Thanks

Yes that is my training buddy, on and off for three years now.

He is still solid at least three days a week, and he is awesome as he does know how to make me push it, when to take it easy.

I think right now I am going to have to kick his butt a bit, but hey, that is what great training buddies are for.

HEY TATYANA.
your posts are heaps encouraging and sounds your your progress is coming along nicely. Im competing in october in the ANB bodybuilding comp in the central cost. you should consider doing it. you seem you like you will be up to the standard.
keep going hard girl.
my motto: "GO HARD OR GO HOME". your not goin home so keep goin hard

bodybuilder 1 said:
HEY TATYANA.
your posts are heaps encouraging and sounds your your progress is coming along nicely. Im competing in october in the ANB bodybuilding comp in the central cost. you should consider doing it. you seem you like you will be up to the standard.
keep going hard girl.
my motto: "GO HARD OR GO HOME". your not goin home so keep goin hard

Is that a nattie for life federation?

I think it is now called the NPA in England.

I haven't posted my workouts as of late as I haven't been able to go as hard or heavy as my back is still a bit delicate, and I don't want to put myself out of action for any long period of time.

Dieting is really great right now though, not an issue, except for the occasional cravings for peanut butter.

I have been walking a lot, but not in the gym.

I don't drive, so most lunch hours, I have little errands I am doing, so it doesn't seem so boring.

It is getting lighter a lot earlier, so soon I will be bouncing out of bed with the sun. :jump:

I just can't do it consistently in the winter.

My routine has switched up, and so far, liking the new exercises.

I will make more of an effort to post more about it this week.

Oooooooooooooooooh my best news, I have FINALLY been rotated to a new section in the lab, and after the main lab with the main analysers, it is going to be like holiday camp.

:)

Legs and shoulders tonight, using some pre-exhaust techniques and supersets.

I pulled my back, or it showed up after doing back and shoulders two weeks ago, so I didn't go as heavy as I would have liked to on squats.

My back is still really annoying me, but the recommendations these days for back is 'active' rest, keep moving.

With injuries and setbacks, I eventually come around to focusing on what's good about it.

So I checked my ego at the door and focused on perfecting my form, slow and controlled reps, ass to the floor.

Felt good.

Hack squats I did do some drop sets starting at 190 kg/418 lb.

I am also going to see a different physio who works in rehab and postural issues.

I have always been quite strong, but not always as flexible, and I have really pushed it at times, and I have done myself an injury.

It is a great reminder that I need to focus on balance and flexibility, good form, not just lifting heavy.

I am such a ladette at times.

Again the music in the gym really helped, cause it was one of 'those' days.

WOO HOO, back is back on form.

I LURVE T-bar rows, and I did 50 kg/110 lb + the Olympic bar tonight.

My training buddy almost wet himself as I was 'grunting' so loud one of the new lads in the gym looked perplexed (he was doing something like 10 kg/20 lbs on the preacher curl machine).

Other awesome lifts tonight, tricep press downs with 45 kg/100 lbs and weighted dips, 20 kg/44 lbs.

I had a great training session tonight, legs and shoulders.

I have a love/hate relationship with legs.

Sometimes I know it's leg day and I feel a bit nauseaus all day cause I know I am gonna have to make it hurt.

I am bringing up the weight, still have a few concerns about my back.

I still managed 80 kg/ 176 lb on squats, hacksquat 200 kg/440 lb and tonight I really surprised myself doing 60 kg/132 lb on the leg x-tension machine, all after pre-exhausting my quads.

Also after pre-exhausting my shoulders, I am military pressing 80 lb/36.7 kg.

I do have to say, this song really helped to have me push it.

It always makes me feel really happy and energetic.

Trained yesterday in a new gym with an old/young man training buddy.

It was GREAT, Canvey Island gym, another old school style gym, how I like'em, a bit grotty with well used equipment, photos of past BBing champs and trophies around.

Another bonus, quite a few of the cage fighters/MMA lads that used to train in my gym were training there, so I got to catch up with a few of them.

I think there is another Ultimate Warrior Challenge soon, as one of the lads, is also starting his diet to make a weight class.

I LOVE MMA and cage fighting, I didn't think that I would, and the first time I only went along to support the lads in my gym.

Mixed up my training a bit so it would work with Brett's (he misses training with me, bless). He told me 'None of the guys train all that hard, not like you', I was well chuffed. :)

I can really see me roaming around a few of the old school gyms around me, I have 5. So lucky.

There is a great dead lifting platform at the Canvey Island gym, and one of the smith machines is set up with a Olympic bar, which I hadn't seen before.

It's also nice to get the different atmosphere, my really local and more regular gym plays a lot of old school house, Canvey Island gym played a lot more UK garage, hip hop and R and B.

This was the 'song of the summer' a few years back.

Makes me want to go to Agai Napa this summer, or Ibiza :)

Still made me want to move and push it.

I will take some pics next time I am there, it is a bit squishy, but still awesome.

God I love training back.

I have felt really strong this week, and after having to go light for so long due to my back pull, I hit it hard this week.

Back and tris I have trained twice this week:

Close grip pull downs I was using 55-65 kg/121-143 lbs

Seated rows 40 kg/88 lb a side on Hammerstrength and 48-52 kg/106 - 115 lb on cable seated rows

Bent over rows, I am so happy that 60 kg/132 lb felt pretty easy.

Deadlifts/rack pulls, still not seriously pushing it as I want to make sure all is cool, but I was did 90 kg/200 lb tonight :)

Triceps, I am starting to like french press/skull crushers, I think I have gotten used to the movement, and my tendons/ligaments in my elbows are starting to deal with the weight. 28-30 kg/ 62 - 66 lbs is completely manageable on my own.

Chest and bis, well nothing that impressive, I have swapped up incline dumbells for flat, and flat bench for incline, still doing around 50 kg/110 lb on a bar, and 20-24 kg/44-53 lb on dumbells.

I used to hate training biceps as well, and rarely did any curls, now it is starting to be fun, doing 30 kg/66 lbs.

The most fun I had this week was doing close grip push downs.

There is this stack in the gym, and I can push the ENTIRE thing.

Now I realise it is a bit of an ego stack for the lads, as I think the plates on it are only about 2.5 kg/5 lbs a plate.

Still, it looks impressive.

I took some progress pics post on-call, but I am not entirely happy with them. Note to self, don't take pics when I haven't had any sleep.

I have had a bit of stress as my deadline for my master's research is about three weeks off, so I think the combo of the no sleep, stress, and new location with less light has me look as smooth as a babies bottom.

My coach and I are working out twigging my diet, there are a few things I have started to take out, like shredded wheat for breakie, cause I think wheat does make me hold more water (too bad, I LOVE shreddies).

Biting the bullet and going to post a few of them anyway.

Training threads get too boring without pics.

p10101272.jpg

p10101173.jpg

p10101053.jpg

Wow, you might not think your progress pics are impressive, but I sure do.

You look great; very good progress. As you said, is just water retension. :cool:

Tatyana said:
God I love training back.

I have felt really strong this week, and after having to go light for so long due to my back pull, I hit it hard this week.

Back and tris I have trained twice this week:

Close grip pull downs I was using 55-65 kg/121-143 lbs

Seated rows 40 kg/88 lb a side on Hammerstrength and 48-52 kg/106 - 115 lb on cable seated rows

Bent over rows, I am so happy that 60 kg/132 lb felt pretty easy.

Deadlifts/rack pulls, still not seriously pushing it as I want to make sure all is cool, but I was did 90 kg/200 lb tonight :)

Triceps, I am starting to like french press/skull crushers, I think I have gotten used to the movement, and my tendons/ligaments in my elbows are starting to deal with the weight. 28-30 kg/ 62 - 66 lbs is completely manageable on my own.

Chest and bis, well nothing that impressive, I have swapped up incline dumbells for flat, and flat bench for incline, still doing around 50 kg/110 lb on a bar, and 20-24 kg/44-53 lb on dumbells.

I used to hate training biceps as well, and rarely did any curls, now it is starting to be fun, doing 30 kg/66 lbs.

The most fun I had this week was doing close grip push downs.

There is this stack in the gym, and I can push the ENTIRE thing.

Now I realise it is a bit of an ego stack for the lads, as I think the plates on it are only about 2.5 kg/5 lbs a plate.

Still, it looks impressive.

I took some progress pics post on-call, but I am not entirely happy with them. Note to self, don't take pics when I haven't had any sleep.

I have had a bit of stress as my deadline for my master's research is about three weeks off, so I think the combo of the no sleep, stress, and new location with less light has me look as smooth as a babies bottom.

My coach and I are working out twigging my diet, there are a few things I have started to take out, like shredded wheat for breakie, cause I think wheat does make me hold more water (too bad, I LOVE shreddies).

Biting the bullet and going to post a few of them anyway.

Training threads get too boring without pics.

p10101272.jpg

p10101173.jpg

p10101053.jpg

Top Bottom