Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2008 Competition Prep and Training

Re: 2008 Competition Preparation

That guy was checking you out. I was thinking about you today. Have not seen much of you around.

needtogetaas said:
That guy was checking you out. I was thinking about you today. Have not seen much of you around.

I was told I got checked out a lot at the Arnie, I didn't notice.

I am on holidays, and it is FAR too nice to be inside on a computer.

Ok, so I did another hour of cardio on Wednesday night.

One hour of yoga Thursday morning, then one hour of walking cardio on empty.

3 hours by the pool tanning, then I did legs (the equipment here is absymal for legs) and shoulders.

Last night I went to a lecture by Richard Dawkin, the author of the God Delusion, which was hilarious and very entertaining and interesting.

Got up again for yoga this morning, it has been SO missing from workout, I do need to focus more on balance and flexibility, and it just FEELS so GOOD.

Off to do my one hour of cardio again.

It is going to be interesting to see what my progress will be when I get home, my weight is slightly down, but this is not my usual scale.

And I haven't pinched myself for body fat in about three weeks, and the progress pic is about a month old now.

There is a FAME comp at the end of April I am toying with the idea of entering, but with my research project to do, and I want to be in super ripped condition, I may have to wait for the BNBF qualifier in July.

I love the idea of comps until about two weeks out, then I am so nervous I feel sick.

Back in England, and I have mixed feelings, holiday was GREAT.

I went completely off my diet the last four days I was in the States :rolleyes:

I am on schedule for training though, I did hit Gold's a few times while in Arizona.

So it is back to normality.

I just found this youtube, which was a thing that the girlies did for one of the WABBA comps in the UK, it was about 6-8 weeks before the comp. I did a really soft figure class in the comp, and after doing nattie BBing and being really shredded, I was teased about being too chubbie.

The majority of the women in this are also natural (Sorry can't remember all of the last names, I cite jet lag)

Tina Moore - NABBA
Malika - NABBA
Annie - BNBF
Marina Cornwall- BNBF (she is in her 50s)
Andrea Toft - UKBFF-figure
Andie Black - NABBA
Kimberly-Anne Jones (speaking) IFBB pro bodybuilding
Angie Ward - no longer competing, promoting FAME
Irena - She did fitness one season, former Russian gymnast and circus performer, she was 47 at the time
Me - BNBF, NPA

needtogetaas said:

LOL, I had another look at that. That guy was Victor Martinez :)

whos the blonde hottie in the pink top at the start of the vid?

good to hear you had a great holiday tat

You know, Ms. Tatyana... watching that little clip really helped me out. I have to change my diet here pretty quick to get rid of this nasty bug and was very depressed about it for a minute. Then I started to think - well hell, at least I will lean out... after watching the video clip I got a renewed enthusiasm for doing something impressive with my body. I am not talking about competition. I am just talking about taking myself to the next level.

Thank you for sharing with the board. Sometimes we post stuff up and don't realize the impact our posts have on whomever sees them. Just wanted to give you some feedback and my thanks. :)

Back to heavy this week, and work.

I have noticed I am still dealing with some tightness in the calf that I ruptured my achilles on, and I think from doing some dodgy sleeping positions on the two seats I had on the plane, my lower back started KILLING me after legs last night.

Also, in the lab I stand almost all day, which I don't think helps at time when you are not used to it, how quickly we adapt.

Felt a lot better this morning, but as I don't have time for injury, I saw my GP and my physio today, and the advice is active rest, and I am going to have to go lighter and easier for a little while.

Chest, nothing new or amazing to report, although I am feeling like my 60 kg/132 lb bench is getting to be a lot easier, handling all the reps on my own.

Legs, like I said, had to go lighter, and I am also starting a new set of exercises for the next 12 weeks.

Hack squats 190 kg/418 lb

Leg Press 240 kg/528 lb

The rest, not impressive as I knew something was up with my back and I cut my workout short as well.

I was feeling really strong, and I think one of the reasons is that in the last week I was in the States I went seriously off my diet and ate anywhere from 2000-4000 kcals most days.

I also ate almost everything I had been craving, which was fun at first, but by the end of the week I was craving brocolli and chicken breasts again.

I will be taking progress pics very soon to see if I do look any different.

Easter.jpg

you look amazing and love your routine.
I'm doing the Bev Francis in June - Figure, So I'll be following your progress.

Good luck!

thandie said:
you look amazing and love your routine.
I'm doing the Bev Francis in June - Figure, So I'll be following your progress.

Good luck!

Cool!

I love we have more competitors on the women's forum, it does get to be a bit of a head trip at times.

Speaking of head trips, my back strain last week, well, it put me out of training action until today.

Missing workouts is not really something in my overall plan, and I was feeling a bit blue about it.

The long weekend was a write-off with clubbing and being on call.

It is FREEZING in England, and I didn't feel like going to the gym, but somehow I managed to get my butt up to the gym (no training buddy today either).

I hadn't noticed how high my stress levels had gotten until I was setting up my incline bench.

And then I started to lift, and this song came on in the gym, and WHOOSH, all of it evaporated. :)

I couldn't find the hed kandi mix, this is the next best thing.
New routines starting this week, funny how switching around things like bench to incline and DB press to flat can make such a difference.

Also, as much as I have disliked training biceps and generally avoided it, I am really starting to like, I think I am doing 20 kg/44 lbs plus the EZ curl bar (think it is another 8-10 kg).

I am still noticing a slight twinge in my back, so I am not going to be able to hammer it fully this week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom