Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2008 Competition Prep and Training

Re: 2008 Competition Preparation

Last night's training, heavy back and triceps.

I love back, but one of the things I am really struggling with is my grip.

I can lift more and more reps with straps, but if I use them too often then my grip strength is not improving.

My new Schiek lifting gloves help, but my fingers are so long, the 'grip' part of them still has it slip a bit.

Close grip pull downs- the stack is just marked with numbers, I think each plate is about 5 kg. 12 plates 60 kg/132 lbs

Bent over rows- 40 kg/88 lbs

Seated cable rows-6O kg/132 lbs

French press/skull crushers-32 kg/70 lb (these are getting to be easy, I think my elbow tendons are ready for some more weight) :)

Close grip push downs-65 kg/143 lb

We did an interesting mix on things tonight, we have this interesting 'reverse grip' tricep push down that seriously hits the long head of the tricep - seriously BURNS

Finished everything off with dead lifts, not a huge amount of weight, 70 kg/154 lb, again the grip thing and a bit of concern for any injuries to my back are holding me back a bit on this one.

I took today off, I am finding there is NO WAY I can train more than three days in a row, and even that is a bit too much really.

Just have to say, it really is finally SPRING.

No training buddy today, and I did my typical thing where I left the gym AS LATE AS POSSIBLE so I would have to get through my workout FAST with very little rests between sets.

Heavy chest and biceps - 30 min

I find it hard to be safe and go really heavy for chest, so nothing amazing

Incline bench 40 kg/88 lb

Flat Dumbell Press 22 kg/48 lb

I also did some cable flys and dips for chest

Decline Dumbell Curls 12 kg/26 lb

E-Z curls 32 kg/70 lb

My bicep vein is becoming more and more visible, especially when I am training.

I love that vein, and the ones across my shoulders.

Not sure WHAT is up with me lately, maybe it the extra carbs I have been eating, but I have been adding weight on my legs nearly every workout.

These are new PBs, and I still wasn't seriously grunting them out :)

Leg Press 280 kg/616 lb

Hack Squat 260 kg/572 lb

JOY!!!

I also added another 10 to stiff leg dead lifts - 70 kg/154 lbs

Military Press 39 kg/85 lb

Bent over lateral DB raises 18 kg/40 lb

I also did some cable lateral raises and upright rows

I must admit, most of my body has a dull ache to it, but I bloody LoVE IT.

:heart:

wonder_woman_BIG.jpg

A quick update: I have taken this week OFF :)

It wasn't really my intention, but I had one of my LAST bits of course work for uni to hand in, and that took priority (especially with all my procrastination, I thought I had about three more months, and found out I only had ONE)

I also sort of went off my diet, and I ate loads of oat cakes and rice cakes, all clean food, just slightly more calories.

I slept most of yesterday after burning the midnight oil most of this month, and tonight I am going out and dancing my butt off all night.

Sunday, most likely sleeping all day, or going to a bodybuilding comp to watch, and Monday is a bank holiday in England but I am on call.

So it is a wee break for me, and a necessary one, I have been in comp prep now for close to four months, and I have taken two weeks off.

Tuesday, it is time for me to get back on track, and start with the cardio.

I do have to say, this reminder of how life gets in the way of getting fit really has me have so much more respect for the moms.

I am single, no kids, and really, I can focus quite easily on training while I am working. Working with uni, really tough. I can't really imagine what it is like to have to work and take care of a family at the same time.

So big kudos to you ladies, you really are a source of inspiration and your dedication really helps me stay on track as well.

:heart:

I hope you had a great time dancing last night, Tat! You deserve a little respite.

I had a FABULOUS time, however, I forgot how much not sleeping +++ can take it out of you.

I can't believe I used to drink and do that as well :rolleyes:

So after not training for about 8-9 days, it was TOUGH getting my butt back to the gym.

Also the going out clubbing in a bikini didn't help, it was 'that' sort of club where everyone was really dressed (or undressed) and I did get quite a few compliments, which can make a girl a bit complacent.

My dancing buddy was laughing saying that the only 'girls' with more muscle than me were a few of the tranny/gender-bender types that were there (it was a MASSIVE club night, the 20th birthday party of a club my friend started).

London does have ALL types, it never really seems all that out of place to see all the odd, freaky different people.

Anyway, tired I did go to the gym, the weather is AWESOME right now, summer has arrived which really helped.

It is pre-exhaust and super-set week, starting with back and tris.

Nothing amazing, it was great to get through the whole thing though, and I even did abs :)

Now, just to start cardio.

The last two mornings I have gotten my butt out of bed and done fasted cardio, just walking along the sea front.

The weather has been glorious so it has been lovely.

I think I may start doing a wee bit of running, probably intervals eventually.

I have been a runner for most of my life, and now I am working on bringing up my quad sweeps, so I have been avoiding the running thing.

It does rip the fat off me though, and I have quite a bit to take off still.

Tonight I did chest and biceps, and really, from my wimpy chest workouts with absolutely no pecs about two years ago, I am really pleased with where I am at now.

Again, it was pre-exhaust and then either drop sets, super sets or just some heavy sets

This was really good as I managed these on my own, my training buddy and I have missed each other all week.

DB flys - 17.5 kg/ 38.5 lb

Incline DB press - 22.5 kg/50 lb

I also did some bench press, dips, E-Z curls and DB curls and calves

This was the great bit. One of the girls from the gym (there are not many, and some of them are not that regular) was in tonight.

She told me I looked a lot bigger.

I was chuffed. So funny, most women would be annoyed if you said they looked bigger.

Top Bottom