Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

18 years old, Need advice on a diet to both cut up and gain muscle mass!!!

texashoss

I am 18, I work out 6 days a week using a strength training 6 day body building workout schedule, but right now, I know I am not eating right. The reason behind me not eating right is I am trying to shed fat.

Right now, I want to change directions and while I still have fat I need to loose, I know my diet is probably not helping either my strength or my b/f%.

So, what is a wise diet for someone that wants to cut up and gain muscle? I dont mind extreme diets, 6 meals a day type diets are fine, just whatever works best.

Also, currently I am all nature only using cretine. What kind of things should I buy from GNC to help me with my goals? What has proven most effective to help someone build size while keeping b/f down?

Thanks alot in advance,
James

Hmmm

Let see James, First I would drop 2 workout sessions and workout 4 days a week.

M Chest/Tri
T Back/Bo
W OFF
Th Shoulders
FR LEGS

Cardio M-W-Th-Sat

Sunday dont do a damn thing but rest. Try and pick 3 exercises, for each bodypart, and 2 for bi's two for tri's. 3 sets each exercise, one light, one medium, and one all out set for each exercise.

Cardio 30-60mins, W-S are high intensity cardio days, say sprint for a min, jog for a min, then keep going, the other days are slow cardio.

Why dont you post your diet so we can look at it.

But shoot for high protein, moderate fats, and low carbs, If you do cardio and then have to train have some carbs then, maybe some oatmeal, old fashioned, with some protein. Post workout have a carb/protein shake. Then dont have CArbs. You also have 2 other options for diet.

1. Goto Mesomorph.net on the top look at the sticky and find soem diet plans.
2. goto www.swolecat.com and have him create you a diet, I dont know much about his diet, but lots of people like it, and he really holds your hand through the process.

texashoss said:
I am 18, I work out 6 days a week using a strength training 6 day body building workout schedule, but right now, I know I am not eating right. The reason behind me not eating right is I am trying to shed fat.

Right now, I want to change directions and while I still have fat I need to loose, I know my diet is probably not helping either my strength or my b/f%.

So, what is a wise diet for someone that wants to cut up and gain muscle? I dont mind extreme diets, 6 meals a day type diets are fine, just whatever works best.

Also, currently I am all nature only using cretine. What kind of things should I buy from GNC to help me with my goals? What has proven most effective to help someone build size while keeping b/f down?

Thanks alot in advance,
James

First, I want to address the supplement part (supplements to use): glutamine, creatine, ALA (alpha lipoic acid), EFA's, protein powders, carb powders

I dont' know your stats, so I can't recommend a diet, but off hand I would say 50% protein/ 20% carbs/ 30% fat from your BMR (weight x 12)

Mr.X

also...........

you should never buy anything from GNC.

They are way over-priced, and you'll waste a ton of cash.

Order on-line, it's much cheaper.

~SC~XXL~2K2~
GotFina.com Moderator

Absolutely GNC is the biggest rip off- you can go to the supp board and do a search for what you'll need and you'll find cheap places to get it.

You guys have to consider that some kids don't have a credit card, nor do they have access to one, also they're not patient enough to send in the cash and wait.

Mr.X

Xiodus said:
Mr.X What do you recommend for someone whos 18y/o 220 17% bodyfat?

Stick to the basic supplements:

creatine/glutamine/amin-acids/protein powders/EFA/ALA

Mr.X

Top Bottom