Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The 1/3,1/3,1/3 diet is the BEST...You SHOULD ALL USE IT!

In all honesty 6% can be achieved, but it requires CARDIO, Something I dont believe in........MY girlfriend follows this diet to a tee and she is ripped to shreads and looks fuckin awesome....she is 5'7 120!!! Fairly muscular..

Thats great!

Just out of curiosity...why cant you bulk on the isocaloric diet? Even if you eat more total calories?

I just starting eating this way again today and I feel full and pumped. And satisfied.

This is one of the best diet posts here. I wish it would stay a sticky. Untill then I will just bump it.

im telling you...i would turn into a blimp on that diet...

i dont weigh much, but my bf is 22% last time taken. i cant have those starchy carbs..i feel gross after them. how could you do this diet eating healthy?
what does your g/f's diet look like?

NJ, you mistake my comments. I am also not a fan of keto diets, though I at least recognize that some people do better on them than iso diets or very low fat diets. If you want to be religious about Duchaine, that is you choice, but like all religions you cannot expect everyone else to idolize him. He was good at thinking outside of the square that bodybuilders were in at the time, but he was certainly not infallible in his theories and approaches. Besides, Duchaine was focused on optimal strategies for bodybuilders and according to you there are none on this board LOL. And to put it mildly, a 5'7' inch female at 120 lbs, even if ripped to the bone, is hardly a bodybuilder. Sounds closer to anorexia to me.

However, there are a lot of top notch bodybuilders that use iso or zone diets when in a mass phase. Just curious, if you don't eat iso when bulking, then what DO you eat to bulk? Oh yeah, I forgot you don't bulk.

I did an informal survey at the post competition Nationals dinner last year. 100% of the first place class winners that I spoke to (5 females and 2 males) had all dieted for the show on a very low fat, medium carb, high protein diet (they varied from 45:45:10 to 40:40:20). Not a single keto or iso dieter in this line up. My biggest regret is that I didn't ask the same question of any last place finishers! I'm a bodybuilder, not a guy catcher/wannabe ramp model, and the advice I give reflects that fact.

MS said:
100% of the first place class winners that I spoke to (5 females and 2 males) had all dieted for the show on a very low fat, medium carb, high protein diet (they varied from 45:45:10 to 40:40:20). Not a single keto or iso dieter in this line up.

The ratios you mentioned are based on equal consumption of carbs and protein while you wrote "medium carb, high protein diet ".

Then,when you're taking roids you don't need much dietary fat but.. when you're natty,you need an adequate dietary fat intake to support your body's hormonal balance.

In addition with a diet that is 40-30-30 or 33-33-33 you keep insulin levels down while at the same time elevating glucagon and GH.Especially when the majority of your carb inake consists of low glycemic ones.You need a long-lasting energy and you also need to satisfy your hunger as well.You can't live on boneless chicken and baked potato for the rest of your life.

It's obviously -as I've said lots of times in the past- that a meal high in carbs has to be low in fat;eitherway you're gonna gain additional bodyfat.
But when you keep the carbs medium and consume an adequate amount of protein (aids in glucagon release) and an adequate amount of fat the meal's gi is very low,thus you have created a very good balance.
You always must create a good balance to get the most from your diet.

Blackalpha, my terminology may have been sloppy, but in general carb intake of 30- 50% is considered moderate, whereas protein intake above 25% is considered high, and fat below 20% is considered low.

"Then,when you're taking roids you don't need much dietary fat but.. when you're natty,you need an adequate dietary fat intake to support your body's hormonal balance."

I would like a reference for this statement. It's absolute bullshit. I agree you need adequate EFAs, but you certainly do not need 30% fat to get enough EFAs. I have never seen any evidence that juicers need less EFAs than nattys. And not all women at national level are juicers. I can guarantee you that at least 2 of those women were natts. Aside from that, I seem to recall both NJ and Mohawk are juicers, so whatever. I'm just telling it like it is. Your theory about balance is very interesting, but I'm in the real world now. Very few top level competitors diet down using ketos or isos, especially females. This does not make an iso diet "bad". A diet is as good as it's ability to help you achieve your goals.

Hmmm...this is getting kind of heated. everyone take a deep breath...lol. Na just kiddin'. I know Duchaine was a big pusher for the isocaloric diet for dieting, but he also mentioned that its effects were not much different than that of a 40-40-20 diet and any other type zone diet when calories were debited. He also stated that a lot of people CAN get by with a high carbohydrate diet, and was in favor of this pattern if the dieter was successful with it...after all, and BOTH him and MS have mentioned that many, many people HAVE won titles using high carb plans. 4 of the main reasons for Duchaine promotion of the isocaloric diet was for 1) Those with insulin sensitivity problems, thus the added fats ability to "cautiously" help with slowing down absorption. 2.) Fats ability to quench humger. 3.) Its hormonal properties. and 4) Its ability to prepare dieters in getting ready for the added fat in a CKD diet.

He stated many times that a CKD, iso/zone, and high carb diet would pretty much yield the same amount of fat loss, but was more successful with using a CKD for the last bit of stubborn body fat. Actually, I think he even mentioned that a high carb diet would yield FASTER fat loss if the body was susceptible to this way of eating.

From personal experience, I know that I have gotten better results from a zone/iso type pattern than a high carb diet. BUT, I would still incorporate refeeds in at least once a week. As Par Deus has pointed out, this could probably be increased to every three days with no problems, and I think I agree, especially if calories are not excessive.

As for bulking, and I am talking from a competition perspective where things are not always the most healthiest, most professionals that ordinarily would not be able to succeed on a high carb diet, are able to get away with this way of eating due to the increased drugs like Thyroid, test and other anabolics, IGF-1, DNP, GH, GH, GH, and more GH, and never seem to get fat. I believe towards the end of Duchaines career, he was big on a zone type diet with a 40-40-20 scheme pattern. Although, the thing that made him great is that he NEVER closed the door completely for other possiblities and ways. You never could tell what he was up to next.

Newer research is always conflicting, and many advances have come out in research showing newer possibilities either validating or invalidating past research, it is just plain nerve racking. Bottom line is that you ARE going to gain fat and water weight on a hypercaloric diet, and you will lose fat and water on a hypocaloric diet. The main thing to keep in ind is total calorie consumption and expenditure. 90% of the diets out there, the hard part is finding the ones that work best. This will ALWAYS vary between individuals...again, you have to find what works best for you!

One thing I would like to end on about DAN the MAN, like I said earlier, he was always open to new ideas. Part of the reason why Lyle got his break was because Duchaine needed to keep his original BodyOpus diet updated, therefore he had faith in LYLE, as well as a lot of people to help make this diet better. Duchaines overall goal was to FIX body problems in fat and muscle gains/loss. HE would be disapppointed if we all just sat on our asses and never tried to improve what he and others helped create. Newer research is always coming out, and we would be fools to expect the same old diets to always be the best ways of eating. Simply, he would frown on us for being lazy! I for one am excited on about carrying on the tradition, as should you.

BMJ

MS said:
1)Blackalpha, my terminology may have been sloppy, but in general carb intake of 30- 50% is considered moderate, whereas protein intake above 25% is considered high, and fat below 20% is considered low.

2)I would like a reference for this statement. It's absolute bullshit. I agree you need adequate EFAs, but you certainly do not need 30% fat to get enough EFAs. I have never seen any evidence that juicers need less EFAs than nattys. And not all women at national level are juicers. I can guarantee you that at least 2 of those women were natts. Aside from that, I seem to recall both NJ and Mohawk are juicers, so whatever. I'm just telling it like it is. Your theory about balance is very interesting, but I'm in the real world now. Very few top level competitors diet down using ketos or isos, especially females. This does not make an iso diet "bad". A diet is as good as it's ability to help you achieve your goals.

1)It's your opinion.I respect it.

2)I don't need a reference to prove something obvious.
And let me tell you something: Do and say wtf you want to,but as long as your calories are close to your maintainance levels,you won't gain even 1g of weight.Is it wrong?
And to be more specific,if you're under maintainance,even if your diet is what you call high in fat (around 30%) you won't gain even 1g of FAT! eventhough you may loose some fat instead.
If you're able to gain fat on an iso diet,it's due to your bad lifestyle.(lack of aerobic and primally anaerobic activities).

In addition,tell me why the fuck French people eat buttery croissants,cheeses,fondue,meats,butters,brioche bread etc and are so leaner than the average American who follows a high carb diet?

They simply keep a good balance and eat a big variety of foods.Oh,and of course they have smaller portions.Obviously,they don't exceed mainainance levels but their diets are close to isocaloric.

Top Bottom