Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The 1/3,1/3,1/3 diet is the BEST...You SHOULD ALL USE IT!

Venus...I have put a lot of women on this and they have responded really well....except they never eat all the fat because they are scared of it....dont be afraid, it is necessary!!! Peanut Butter is great along with the fat in cheese.....Good luck, just remember to lower the calories to lose the weight....peace

I wouldn't go saying x12 is maintenance to quickly.

I weigh around 183 and if you multiply that by 12, that would mean I would need 2196 calories per day to maintain.

I know for a fact that I actually need more like 3000 calories / day to maintain my weight.
I lost 2lbs last week on 2500 cal / day. And 1.5lbs the week before on 2600.

I also wouldn't go as far as to say an isocaloric diet is hands down the best for everyone.
A 35/45/20 or 35/50/15 diet works better for me when trying to cut up and add some strength at the same time.
And if I was bulking, I'd go with 40/40/20.

yeah it does depend on how many extra cals you burn a day doing other psyhical activities ie weight training cardio Heres a good formula that you can custumize to your own needs and then subtract the cals from the total to lose weight and follow his 1/3/1/3/1/3 diet

This is for WOMEN...(the formula for men is different)

655 + [4.36 x weight] + [4.32 x height in inches] - [4.7 x age] = BMR
655 + [__________] + [__________] - [______] = _____

Formula for MEN:

66 + [6.22 x weight] + [12.7 x height in inches] - [6.8 x age] = BMR
66 + [___________] + [__________] - [_______] = _____

Now calculate your activity level using your BMR.

_______ (BMR) x ______(activity rating/see below) = _______total calories a day

activity rating:
1.3 lightly active (normal everyday activities)
1.4 moderately active (exercise 3 to 4 times a week)
1.6 very active (exercise more than 4 times a week)
1.8 extremely active (exercise 6 to 7 times a week for more than an hour in duration)

NJstacked

I have to say I believe you brought up a good point. Eating that way will satisfy you, stablize blood sugar and allow you to eat food you like. That is the diet I usually follow.... I try to keep my carbs and protein ratios the same... Just basic health eating...

I always knew that high protein diets are not needed. All I remeber was the Designer protein ads saying, "Studies say athletes need 3g per lb of bodyweight" Or some jibberish....

I think eatin like this isocaloric diet makes it easier for people to eat. Like who can eat 50-100 grams of protein per meal? 2 large chicken breast, plain potato???? Id rather have a small steak, potato, a little butter... yum! While getting leaner cause calories are under control....

Now... my other idea that maybe we would agree on... if one is trying to get leaner I would think of instead of lowering calories... one should keep the same but do more exercise... up training to 5 days per week... if you dont get leaner, start 20min of cardio...2-5 days per week... I feel we all lose muscle when we lower our calories. Our metabolism slows and everything suck cause your hungry.

Good idea...Mohwak, however it is my philospohy hatyou do one or the other cardio or diet....If I was doing cardio, i would up the calories and eat more food....or just do cardio and not go into a deficit....you know...what works best, when I do cardio, i feel I am not as pumped as I am when i dont do it....Good luck...and yes, i eat Pizza often...becasue I can!

I'd rather do cardio then diet! But Im training 5 days per week right now,,,, I will start 20 min of cardio 3x per week and see what happenes.

would this diet work for someone who stil needs to drop about 50 -60 lbs i have herd and read that this only is good for folks who need to loose a little weight or find a maintiance diet, if this diet would work for me i would love it since my schedual is so fucked!!! up at 5:30 back at 9:30 in the gym from 10-1200 back to work at 1 home at 5:30 class by six -10:30 sure make life easier on me if i could stop by and maybe grab a tuna sub at tsubway or something or by the deli counter at the butcher shop at the kroger

Just lower you calories alittle and do more exercise. This isnt exactly brain surgery...

Top Bottom