Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

! high protein diet?

tlhc

wouldn't that be the best solution?
high protein, moderate carbs, moderate fat

you wouldn't have to worry about being thrown out of ketosis, you wouldn't have to fear a too high protein intake (it could also throw you out of ketosis),
you wouldn't have to fear a slightly higher fat intake because the carb intake is reduced

you wouldn't feel hungry either because high protein means chewing down lots of chicken breasts, low fat cheese, tuna and so on
the high protein intake would reduce the muscle loss,....
i'm sure that i forgot something, because if such a diet would be effective somebody would already have made big money with it :)

------------------
true love - hardcore

BUMP!

can you get fat when eating too much chicken breasts? i assume yes, but that'd have to be a huge amount

------------------
true love - hardcore

that's how I eat when I'm not trying to mass up

super.jpg

Can you be more specific? What do you mean by high protein, moderate carbs and moderate fat?? Some people would say the "Zone" diet fits this definition nicely. And yes someone has become very wealthy off of it!

i'm talking about a let's say 60-20-20 ratio
60% of your daily intake should then come from protein sources

------------------
true love - hardcore

Well, there's a Dr. named Larrian Gilligan who's come up with the Goddess and the Gladitor Diets (don't these names make you want to hurl?) that's 50% protein, 25% carbs, 25%fat. She's marketing her books at the over 40 demographic.

------------------
It's not funny, like on TV, and it's not smart, like it is in books.

tlhc--you little twirp! Are you suggesting I'm over 40!? How dare you!!

Well, I'm a ways over 40, but I worship at the shrine of Dan Duchaine and eat isocaloric--33%, 33%, 33% with a cheat meal on a higher carb day. Easier to figure out.

I don't build muscle fast enough to use 60% protein on a daily basis--I think it would just turn into expensive glucose.

Top Bottom