Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Say It Ain't So: CFCs, Not CO2 May Be to Blame for Global Warming Patterns

But you’d never know how increasingly concerned climate scientists have become from reading Reuters’ absurdly-headlined piece, “Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown.” Amazingly, the piece doesn’t actually quote a single climate scientist struggling to explain this “slowdown” — perhaps because it doesn’t exist (see ”Global Warming Has Accelerated In Past 15 Years, New Study Of Oceans Confirms“).

Reuters Ignores Its Own Accurate Reporting On Rapid Warming Of Oceans | ThinkProgress

I like how they're picking at Lu's work and asking critical questions. That's how scientific review is supposed to work.

But the CO2 community's theories don't add up either: Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown | Reuters

And with the latter group, we're dealing with people who haven't hesitated to "adjust" their data in the past.

headholio is right; the accompanying article does not justify the extremely biased headline.

I can't accept that as evidence that the "CO2 community's theories don't add up."

Global warming...not so much?? Shit is too complicated for me to understand and I am too busy to try, but thought I would let you fags debate it anyway

STILL Epic Fail: 73 Climate Models vs. Measurements, Running 5-Year Means « Roy Spencer, PhD

Climate modeling EPIC FAIL – Spencer: ‘the day of reckoning has arrived’ | Watts Up With That?

Sounds like Roy Spencer is gonna be fucked for public research funding forever.

I do appreciate a research funding mechanism that will forgive you for faking a little data, but crucifies you for disagreeing. It just seems so mean-spirited, capitalist and conservative that I have no choice but to like it.

fuck this bullshit, like we have any effect on the weather lmao, there have been cycles of weather throughout time its just a bullshit idea to bring everything global, just like when our dollar fails well be on global money, or how the navy is a "global" force for good, open ur eyes ppl the weather isnt gonna be changed by us and theres nothing we can do to stop it, im gonna go drive V8's for the rest of my life and never recycle

Roy Spencer is a right wing Alabama hillbilly AGW denier.
It is funny that these debates always end up being with completely ignorant people (gladiator), or debunking the one or two fringies who are always popping up with misleading articles. Lu and Spencer are those fringies, and their angles are pretty solidly debunked.

Why focus on these clowns and not on the thousands of far more credible scientists who make up the consensus? You've just got to face the facts that man made climate change is scientific fact, proven a thousand times over. Its completely settled and a solid fact.

"Roy Spencer has come up with yet another “silver bullet” to show that climate sensitivity is lower than IPCC estimates. I.e., he fits a simple 1-box climate model to the net flux of heat into the upper 700 m of the ocean, and infers a climate sensitivity of only about 1 °C (2x CO2). There are several flaws in his methods–inconsistent initial conditions, failure to use the appropriate data, and failure to account for ocean heating deeper than 700 m. (He fixed the last one in an update.) All of these flaws pushed his model to produce a lower climate sensitivity estimate. When the flaws are corrected, the model estimates climate sensitivities of at least 3 °C, which is the IPCC’s central estimate. ... while Spencer’s latest effort doesn’t really do any damage to the consensus position, it turns out that it does directly contradict the work he promoted in The Great Global Warming Blunder."[9]
Roy Spencer’s Latest Silver Bullet | Climate Asylum

Last edited:
Looking back its such a shame that Gore was the prominent figure who decided to run with this. Forever turned it into a bullshit left vs right issue when it's about as centrist of an issue there could be.

Top Bottom